CHAPTER THIRTY

CHAPTER THIRTY

KRISTINE'S POV

"Thank you, Bryle."

"Nah, it's fine. You needed a friend, and lucky you, I was available."

Medyo natawa ako. Naka-ilang minuto rin akong tambay at ngawa sa kwartong 'yun. Paniguradong magang-maga na ang mga mata ko kakaiyak.

Hanggang ngayon naman masakit pa rin eh, pero ewan ko ba... Pakiramdam ko kasi mas lalo lang akong masasaktan kapag pinagpatuloy kong balikan ang nakaraan.

Hey, I still haven't moved on, okay? Mahirap 'yun. Mahabang proseso 'yun.

I'm just trying to fool myself na okay ako para hindi ako rito sa school makatulog o sa tabi ni Bryle. Masyado nang nakakahiya 'yun.

He really didn't talk nor ask. Nandoon lang siya, nakaupo sa tabi ko, pinapakiramdaman kung okay na ako o hindi.

Buti nga 'di siya nakatulog eh.

Lumabas na kami ng room na 'yun, balak ko lang sanang tumambay sa kung saan maliban sa bahay. Makikita kasi ni Tita panigurado ang mga mata ko, at malamang sa malamang ay magsasabi siya kela mama. Ayoko silang pag-alalahanin.

"So, where to?" tanong sa akin ni Bryle habang naglalakad kami sa corridor.

"Hmm... hindi ko rin alam eh."

"Hindi mo pa kayang bumalik sa ball?"

I sarcastically looked at him. "Can't you see what I look like? Ang gulo na ng buhok ko, maga ang mga mata ko, at nasira na yung make up ko, in short—"

"Perfection." Napatigil naman ako. "I can't see the complaints you were pointing out." Inipit niya yung nakakalat kong buhok sa tenga ko. "All I see is your beauty, and for me, that's perfection." Dapat kinikilig ako. That was the sweetest thing he had ever said to me. "Sayang ang damit at ayos mo kung 'di ka a-attend ng ball."

Nakita kong kinuha niya ang phone niya mula sa pocket ng tuxedo niya. May pinindot-pindot lang siya roon saka niya binalik sa pocket yung phone niya. May biglang tumugtog at paniguradong galing 'yun sa phone niya. Little Things by One Direction.

"May I dance with the fairest lady?"

Medyo natawa na naman ako sa kanya. He was offering his hand. He was offering me a dance. "A-Are you sure?"

He nodded. "I have never been sure in my entire life."

I took his hand. Mas nilapit niya naman ako sa kanya. Hinawakan niya ang isa kong kamay at inalalayan papunta sa balikat niya.

"I'll put my hand on your waist, would that be okay?" I nodded. "There. Ngayon mukha ka nang nasa ball." We began dancing.

I'm focusing my attention on Bryle, and at this moment I'm happy... But what if it was Jairo? Paano kung siya yung nakakasayaw ko ngayon? Bigla akong napayuko sa naisip ko. Jairo na naman...

"Hey..." He pulled my chin up and stared deeply into my eyes "Kristine, just look at me. Ako lang muna, Tine. Kahit ngayon lang."

I'm trying, Bryle... I really am trying...

.

.

.

.

.

But I kept failing.

~•~

CYRIL'S POV

I saw how Xei reacted when she witnessed Mari and Nathan kissing. I saw the pain, the anger, the disappointment.

It was all I imagined it would be. I wanted her hurt so I could comfort her. I want them to break up so that I can claim her after thousands of years.

But...

But why am I hurting while seeing her in pain?

I put that pain on her... why... Why am I regretting it?

I love her so much that I want to see her happy even if she's not with me.

"Xei—" I was about to approach her when Nate passed by me. He was running—running? towards Xei? W-What?

"Xei! Please let me explain..." I can hear and see Nathan begging for her attention. "Please. Please, love, I know my reasons wouldn't be enough, but please believe me that I didn't want that. Please, Xei."

I can see it...

I can see Nathan's powerful love—energy—for... Xei.

"N-Nathan... M-Masakit pa kasi eh..." She's trying her best to stay calm and not hurt or burst out on him.

That—That left me in awe.

It was a realization.

They—They found their true love.

That's why the necklace didn't work on Nate.

Then...

Then she's not Psyche.

Xei isn't Psyche. She's not my queen.

I was in the middle of dealing with the chaos happening inside my head when I suddenly remembered something—someone. I have to take care of Mari first.

I started running back to the ballroom, to our table, but she wasn't there. And then I sensed dark energy coming from the garden. Please no... This will be my fault. Mari—

I saw her standing in the middle of the garden, she was all alone, and her back was facing me. There wasn't any dark energy around her—Sh*t!

Dahan-dahan siyang humarap sa akin. "Y-You said it would work. S-Sinunod ko lahat. Every step... Every word... Everything you asked me to do, I followed them all." She looked at me and smiled mischievously, and then... she began to release dark energies. "Tiniis ko lahat ng sakit na nararamdaman ko, just so I can have him. You told me it'll work. You told me he'll be mine." Mas lalong lumakas at lumaki ang nirerelease niyang energy.

"Mari, listen to me—"

"I've had enough of your bullsh*ts, Cyril. You told me you have powers, well fun fact, Cy...I can feel mine too."

That's not Mari... That's... That's the necklace defending her heart.

"I wonder what I can do with this. Can I have him now? Without your very helpful help?"

"Mari, that's not you."

"How are you so sure, Cy? Or should I say... Cupid?"

I—I never told her that. Just to be sure, I put an invisible barrier for me and Mari, and the mortal world. No one would see us unless they have a spell or they're celestials. "Mari, I want to explain—"

"You don't have to. I'm not even in pain right now. I'm... I'm great! In fact, I feel like I can destroy Xei." She looked at me, with cold eyes, no smile. "Cause if I can't have him, then neither can Xei."

What have I done?