CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

CHAD'S POV

And once again, I'm carrying Blaire's bag of notebooks and books. She should really be thankful that I love her.

But isn't she a bit abusive of my love for her?

Nah, never mind that thought! She said she loves me, I'll hold on to that.

On another thought, I'm having a hard time talking with a disability. I'm getting tired of all this acting.

Why did I even let my sister ask me to do this?

Right. She wanted revenge on Blaire for bullying her when they were in elementary.

But come on! Acting all nerdy to make Blaire my girlfriend and to get the actual evidence that she cheats to finish the academic years? Isn't that too much? Plus, I can't further do what my sister truly wants, I can't let Blaire fail. I really do love her.

I'm sure when my sister hears my thoughts, she'll go grumpy with me again.

It all started when I saw Blaire at my little sister's school. She had this authoritative and b*tchy aura around her. I must admit, I really hated her for pushing my sister that day, but I'm also quite thankful for that event.

Ever since I saw Blaire, I knew I loved her. Cheesy, but it really is something like love at first sight.

She may be b*tchy, but she was really beautiful and smart, or so I thought.

"Help! Someone needs help!" I heard someone shouting—Wait... Crystal? Wha-what is she doing here?

I saw Jairo's group run toward her.

Is she okay?

I can see all of them talking to one another. Crystal was quite nervous, worried, and scared. I wanted to come to her but opt not to. She's with those men who often bully me.

But seriously, what is she doing here? Was she gonna visit me?—Wait, hang on, that's odd. She never visits me here on campus.

After minutes of staring at them, I finally saw Cyril talking to her, guiding her towards his car. What is he gonna do? Where is he taking her?

I rode my bicycle and followed his car, fast, but of course, I kept my distance. I just need to know where he's taking Crystal.

Minutes later, his car stopped at a bus station, and then I saw Cyril getting out of his car, moving to the passenger seat's door, and opening it.

I was just meters away from them, that's why I can see him whispering something to her, but Crystal was unresponsive. No emotions are seen on her face.

What the hell‽

When I saw Cyril leave with his car, I quickly went to her and sat beside her.

"Crystal? What happened to you? Why were you shouting? Who needed help? Crystal—" She wasn't looking at me. It was like, she was lost in her thoughts. "Hey. Hey, Crystal. Talk to me."

I tried shaking her shoulders but she wouldn't budge. She only blinks slowly.

"What happened to you, sis? Please tell kuya. Please tell me."

I can feel my body trembling. Confused about what's happening. Worried about my sister. My heart was beating so darn fast, I don't know why. How did this happen?

Days passed and I finally called a psychiatrist to check on her. The doctor said that she's still having trouble whether Crystal has Locked-In Syndrome or other psychological conditions.

She mostly doesn't show emotions every day. She mostly doesn't talk or move. But there are times when she would just mumble the words, love makes us crazy over and over again, until she stops, then falls asleep.

It was difficult for me to cope with, we have no parents, both are dead. But I do earn money from here and there, that's why I had decided to put my sister, Crystal, in a mental facility, at least they'll take good care of her.

I always get worried whenever I have to go to school and leave her alone in the house. But now, she's a lot safer. I often visit her there. Still no response though.

And then one day, I saw Jairo with his group of bullies. That's when a thought popped into my mind.

Crystal was last seen talking to them. There must be something they've done for my poor little sister to end up in a mental facility.

From that day on, I never let my sight off of them, off of Jairo. Crystal might have a final talk with Cyril, but those men won't do anything unless Jairo says so.

I'm putting him responsible for my sister's condition. It was all his fault!

"Boss, anong balak niyong gawin sa kanya?" One of my goons was holding the unconscious Kristine Abella.

"Leave us alone." One by one, they left the room, leaving me and Kristine.

I was seated on a chair in front of her. Actually waiting for the drug to wear off.

"I never wanted you harmed. You were always so kind to me and helpful. I have always remembered you. You may not know it or I may have acted like I don't know you, but I really do. I was just afraid to reject your feelings. I cannot reciprocate it, Kristine. I love and will always love Blaire." I caressed her cheek. "I'm sorry for bringing you into this mess." I let go of her face. "But your beloved Jairo must learn how to repay."

After seconds of staring at her, I heard a knock on the door. "Boss, nandito na siya."

I stood up and smiled. "Finally. It's payback time."