𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸- ♏︎

"Hey Phantom," we had just gotten up to my apartment and the black cat I had adopted last week came trotting out of the bedroom.
"Come here sweetie," cancer kneeled down and picked up the small kitten.
"You love my cat more then me," I grumbled. "Phantom is cuter," she shrugged and kissed his head.
"We should unpack your things," I gestured you the boxes surrounding us in the living room. She sighed and put Phantom down onto the ground.
"Yeah. You got the DVDs right?" She asked.
"You don't have that many," I said, opening the small box labeled 'DVDs'
"Only the essentials," she replied. "I'll get my clothes out," she added, picking up one of her clothes boxes.
I nodded and went back to looking through the DVDs she claimed were 'essentials'
"Literally all the Scooby Doo films, some anime, Harry Potter, lord of the rings, where's all her Disney films?" I muttered as I flicked through the box.

Unpacking was a slow and painful process.
It was only supposed to last a couple days.
I found unpacked boxes two months later.
Phantom was looking wistfully at them. "Love! I found-,"
"There they are! I've been looking for these!" My fiancé tripped into the living room and tore open the box, revealing... more books.
"What are these?" I frowned.
"My murder books!" She squealed with glee, shutting the box again.
I counted the boxes.
"you have three whole cardboard boxes for murder mysteries?"
"I had five for romance and fantasy,"
"It's not that... do we have any space?"
"There's always space. I saved some shelves and my bedside table for these," she explained.
"Now can you help me pick them up?" She added, picking up probably the lightest one.
"Sure," I stacked the two boxes and lifted them up with ease.
I heard her huff at that before trailing away into the now claimed 'library'.

"So... Chinese?" I asked casually.
She was still sorting books out three hours later.
"Yeah. sure, okay," she gave me a smile before turning back to her books.
"Okay. Love you," I bent down and kissed her head.
I heard her chime 'love you too' as I left the flat.

"I think this is home," she mumbled when we were curled up in bed.
"I'm happy this is home for you," I tightened my grip around her waist.
"So am I. Love you Scorpi," she gave me a poor attempt at a cheek kiss before falling asleep.
"Love you too Cance," I chuckled and kissed her head softly. "Goodnight love," I mumbled as I too, shifted into sleep.