Chapter 30

Feeling drowsy after a nap, Izzie crept downstairs, finding Clyde asleep at the table. She shook her head, trying to shake off her sleepiness and stretched. Feeling a little more awake, she went quietly to the door. In her tired mind, escaping the weirdly protective man seemed like a great idea, since she does not need protection. Who cares about his 'test', she could defend herself fine.

Izzie walked briskly, glancing back every now and then to make sure Clyde didn't wake up and go after her. The trees were weirdly placed far apart than she remembered, but she ignored it. She spotted a little house and felt fatigue settle in fast.

Weird, she thought, I must've only been walking for only 30 minutes...

She sped to the door, taking a last glance over her shoulder before entering. Her legs felt wobbly and weak, making her lean on the wall. She swallowed dryly, making her way to the nearest room. The walls were devoid of any decoration, so she assumed this was an abandoned house.

Lots of abandoned buildings.

Turning the knob, she entered the first room. Empty. No comfy looking spot to rest. She frowned and closed the door, walking to the next room. She opened the door, not noticing that the knob was warm, despite how cold the house was. She stumbled in, tripping on air. She braced herself for the floor, but instead landed on something soft.

"Whoa, clumsy girl," Her mother's voice chided softly.

Izzie froze, tensing when she felt arms wrap around her. "M- mom?"

Izzie tried to look up, but felt her mother's chin rest on top of her head. She then felt oddly relaxed and safe, breathing into her mother's clothes.

"My darling girl, I missed you," Her mother said, adjusting her so they were closer, though Izzie still oddly bent. "My sweet daughter."

Pangs of guilt hit her as tears pricked her eyes. "Mom..."

"Izzie," her mother released her to place her hands on her shoulders. "Look at me, baby."

Izzie lifted her head, a smile forming. Though it only fell at the unfamiliar yet familiar face before her. Her face was flesh-toned, with green eyes staring down at her fondly. Long, brown hair hanging off her face. But despite the changes, it was clearly her mother.

"Mom?" Izzie whispered, confusion surely visible in her expression.

"My Isabelle," Her mother crooned, hands cupping her face, smile wide and infectious. Izzie smiled back hesitantly, leaning into her touch. "You have your father's eyes."

Izzie had only seconds to react before she felt fingers press into her eyes. She didn't feel pain, not even when they successfully dug deep and pull out her eyes. She could still see from them, and that was when she knew this was a dream. Though in her realization, the pain set in and she screamed.

Her mother's face melted, showing ivory bones underneath. She could also see that the walls were being ripped apart and there were no woods, only white. And she felt a hand on her shoulder.

Her eyes moved in her mother's hands, looking at her face in horror. Her own face was smiling ear to ear, blank sockets looking very similar to that time she saw EJ without his mask. But the hand on her shoulder was pale, and it was her father's hand as she looked at who was behind her.

But before her eyes wandered to his face-

Izzie landed on hard wood, having fallen off the bed. She took in gasping breaths, feeling like she was suffocating. She sat up, feeling shaky, and let out a sob. Tears streamed down her face as she let out gasping sobs. She buried her face in her arms and curled up in a fetal position.

Clyde was greatly welcomed as he rushed in, deeply concerned. Izzie didn't want to be alone, not after a terrible nightmare like that.

After what seemed like an hour of crying, Izzie tired herself out. A few hiccups escaped her as she tried to get her breathing under control, waiting for Clyde to return with tissues she reluctantly let him leave to get. Soon, after her face was dried, she had one thought as she rested in Clyde's awkward embrace.

I need to see my mom.

_______________________

Oof, what a nightmare. I almost feel terrible 😅😓.

I'm terribly sorry for the long wait, but I was working on a Halloween special (which I'll just publish as a bonus after I'm done with the others)  when my great Grandpa passed away due to Covid. He was in his nineties and lived a good life. But I'm really gonna miss him and I regret not visiting him that often.

But I'm good now, but I wouldn't count on a quick update after this (and the specials). Because I can't say I'm in a good place. I really miss my best friends right now, I miss hugging them and talking face to face and just everything with them. Plus, right now food is incredibly unappealing, which sucks (I'm still gonna eat though)

Yeah, but I'm gonna keep trying to write (then I'll promptly just lay around and do nothing after publishing this XD, jk jk)

Hope y'all are doing good right now. This quarantining sucks.

Vote and Comment!