Chapter 20

"Mom, my friends are gonna come over." Izzie said, taking a bag of chips. She paused to look at her mother's reaction, and she seemed fine with it.

"Sure, but don't have them stay too late. I'm coming back around 12." She replied, continuing reading the newspaper.

"Alright, you're going out again?"

"Yes, I just said that, Iz." Her mom grinned cheekily, making Izzie blush and shake her head, chuckling.

She spend an hour of reading and wishing that the two enemies would just hurry up and kiss each other, so much tension dammit, before Wren came by. She knocked and waved before collapsing on the pile of clothes Izzie forgot to pick up.

"Who do you think is gonna actually come?" Izzie asked, nervously tapping her thighs. She didn't mind if Wren was gonna be the only one here -she likes her better anyways- but she wanted to make a good impression if Erica was planning on coming over. Especially if Erica was going to bring her own friends too.

Ugh, why did Wren push her onto her lap?? Great, now she's blushing over the memory.

"Dunno, I just know Erica is definitely coming over." Wren said, folding in her clothes and stacking them. "She's not one to break promises."

Izzie winced, though she knew that wasn't a jab at her. She knew she wasn't exactly a reliable friend, but she and Wren did make up after any fight and squabble.

'Which makes leaving really hard, she's gotten really attached to her accidental best friend.'

A few knocks at the door jolted Izzie out of her thoughts and she got up and ran to the door after telling Wren to take the snacks out of the cupboard.

She is polite. More or less.

She opened the door ad put up a smile at the pretty girl before her. "Hey." She said, then she leaned a little to take a look at the pair behind Erica. Parker and Jon. "Come on in."

"Your house is pretty small." Parker commented, ducking under the doorstep. Fricking giant.

"Be nice." Erica playfully scolded, smiling at Izzie.

After settling in her room, Izzie sat on her bed, reading while trying to not listen to Erica's story. If she wanted her to know, she'd include her.

".. could change everything. Just a sip, then it painlessly ends." Weird conversation. "We'd be free and stop eavesdropping Izzie."

Izzie gasped and stumbled backwards at the demonic sight of Erica grinning up at her. Then fell into a hole that materialized behind her, and she was falling, falling into nothingness... until she eventually crashed into the ground, where everything went blank.

Then something appeared and she lashed out, the ground cracking under her while she-

"Gah!"

"Huh, what?" Izzie gasped, sitting up and looking all around. A familiar man with dyed hair stood before her, rubbing his arm. Why was he here?

"Damn, got a good kick there, Iz." Clyde chuckled, forcing a smile.

"Why are you here?" Izzie asked. Then frowned, rubbing her temple. Weird, what a weird blurry dream...

At least it wasn't a nightmare including them.

"Everyone's looking for you. Jeff said you were here and proceeded to lock himself in his room." Clyde explained. "Not that anyone cares, really." He gave her a reassuring grin, which unfortunately did not reassure her like he wanted. She doesn't want to be found, questioned...

"How's my mom?" She asked, voice managing to not crack.

"Worried, very worried." Clyde answered, eyes studying her. He frowned, apparently not liking what he saw.

"I, I'm gonna use the bathroom." Izzie said, standing up. She barely got one step forward before Clyde sighed loudly.

"If you're gonna try the crawl out the bathroom window and run like hell, I'm just gonna add that I can catch you, little girl." Clyde said, crossing his arms and the corner of his mouth tipped upwards in a smug grin.

"Why do you think I'm gonna run away?" Izzie countered.

"Why didn't you come back with Jeff? Or better, why did you run from the mansion?" Clyde shot back.

Izzie winced the the mention of him. "None of your business."

"Aw come on, Iz." Clyde said, his face softening. "I played as your adoptive father for like 20 minutes, you can absolutely trust me, you know."

I don't think I can trust anybody.

"You haven't proved anything to me, other than a little loyalty to my mom." Izzie said, expression full of defiance.

"Yeah, you're right." Clyde said, crossing his arms. "But, you're not good at detecting lies, are you?"

"What?"

"No one but Jeff and I know you're here." Clyde said, making Izzie marrow her eyes. "Not that he knows I know you're here either."

"So what, gonna kill me?" Izzie growled, preparing for any suspicious moves.

"What? No! I don't like to kill kids, too small. Bleh, I have morals, y'know."

"You're a murderer, your morals are questionable."

"So I do, but I don't. Kill. Kids." Clyde said, eyes darkening.

Izzie said nothing, trying to frantically make a plan to get away from this house am from this man. She didn't want to trust him, something about him made her feel uneasy.

"You know what, I don't care. Believe what you want, but I am not going to kill you. You are my friend's daughter, and I respect Jane too much to even think of how to kill you." Clyde said, rolling his eyes. "But, I can recognize your desire to be alone, and I have a place you can stay at."

Izzie frowned. "Why?"

"Because I just told you I recognize your need to be alone? F*ck, I don't know. This is what I get for trying to help for once." Clyde groaned. "You're gonna be overwhelmed if I bring you back to the mansion and I really don't want to see the drama, ok? Just give a yes or no, got it?"

"Just why do you want to help?" Izzie demanded.

"Because, I don't want to see you break down, hell , I don't want to see anyone break down, I don't want drama, geez." Clyde growled. "Great, I'm starting to get stressed, so make up your damn mind before I decide this isn't worth it and get Jane here."

Izzie rubbed her arm, frowning. His offer seems genuine, but she still doesn't want to trust him. But, did she have any other choice?

"Fine, where is this place?"

—————————————————

Ooh, where is this place, and can Clyde be trusted?

And also, my baby Clyde is back, yay! It's been too long. My lil guy who isn't that little and wants to be helpful. But is it genuine?

And I technically did not give her a nightmare, since she DOESN'T remember what it is! Does that count? Eh, I'll count it :)

Vote and Comment!