Chapter 10: Sick and Tired of Being Tired

"An eye for an eye will only make the whole world blind."- Mahatma Ghandi

They were fighting again. I couldn't seem to escape it. I had my headphones, and the loudest Skrillex song I could find, had it on repeat, covered my head with a pillow, and still, I could hear the fighting. The past few nights, they'd been fighting a lot more. Of course they always fight, but usually they can control it when it needs to be controlled. I still didn't quite understand why, that if they hate each other so much, why one of them didn't just pack their bags and leave? Sure whoever moved out would most likely lose the house, but hey, there are thousands of other houses in the county. For the past 2 hours, I had heard a continuous string of cuss words, and a lot of other worse things I'm not even allowed to say. It was 12:45, and in the morning had practice. I was already sleep deprived from last nights screaming matches. I pulled my headphones out, beginning to get a throbbing headache. On my way to get some aspirin, I finally could understand what they were fighting about, but it wasn't what I had been expecting.

"You can't control who she goes out with!" My mother screamed.

"You and I both know that, that kid is no good! That kid of ours though is." My father shouted back even louder.

What are they even talking about? Jaxon is a great guy.

"Stop trying to protect her from everything! She's an adult, and she can take care of herself, and she doesn't need to be looked after!" She shouted, this time a little less furious.

"God Louise! She's my baby. How can you just sit there and watch her date that... punk? How can you just sit there and know that the same thing could happen to her? That our little girl could be harmed?" His voice was soft, like the way it should be.

That confused me. What was going to happen to me? What was so bad about Jaxon that my parents were about to rip each others heads off for? The whole entire thing didn't make sense. 1. Jaxon wasn't a bad kid, and 2. Jaxon would never hurt me.

I quickly got my aspirin, then put my headphones back in, changing the song to a quieter song. I didn't hear the fighting anymore, and eventually of drifted off to sleep. It was about 2 hours later when it began again. Perfect, I thought to myself. If I stayed, I would never get sleep. From past experience, they could go clear till the morning. I grabbed a coat, and gloves, then decided to walk to Hannah's. I could of drove, but my dad would realize my car was gone, if he looked out the window. Her house was only a few miles from mine, unlike Jaxon's clear across town. The last time I went to Jaxon's in the middle of the night I got grounded for a month. This time I didn't care if I got grounded for not telling them I was leaving, I had to get out of that house before I exploded all over the walls.

It took me a lot longer to get to her house than I thought. After about the first mile, my feet began to drag, and my eyes drooped with exhaustion. It was cold, and dark outside, which only intensified my misery. It was actually stupid to walk there in the middle of the night. I could of been killed by a bear, or a rabid skunk. It was about 4:30 when I got to her house. I had previously called her to tell her I was on my way.

I didn't wake her, luckily. And luckily there were no parents to disturb. She said she had been on the phone with Corey since 9:30. They were perfect for each other as Hannah had phrased it. I was a match maker wasn't I?

Practice was absolutely terrible.Today was a conditioning day, which didn't really help. On Monday's and Wednseday's we conditioned for the first half of practice, unless we had a game. Though I didn't actually play bad for how exhausted I was. At the end of it I could barely hold my head up, and my muscles ached all over. I could barely walk

---------------------------------------------

I spotted Sam with her head on the table. She was surrounded by Hannah, Haley, and Jesse, who were all staring attentively at her. I was quickly over by them. I couldn't tell if she was upset, or asleep. Her arms were covering her face, so I couldn't read her facial expression. I heard her snore, then knew she was asleep. I took a seat next to Hannah.