Chapter 16: 27 Dresses Too Much

Chapter 16.

"Would you pick one already?" I asked, annoyed.

Here I was sitting in some dress shop on the first round of districts, when I should already be there, getting ready to kick some butt. But no, I was here. It wasn't necessarily a bad thing, having my girlfriend try on hot dresses that showed a little to much skin.

Sam looked up from the mirror, then at me. She turned her head sideways, a funny look on her face. She was probably getting annoyed with me to.

"You agreed to come with me."

One hour of dress shopping was way to much, an that's what I said an hour ago. Two hours was just plain out crazy.

"You should go with that one, it makes your butt look good." I said, flashing a smile.

"This one? This one makes me look short." She said, continuing to look at the dress in the mirror.

I began to look over the dress. It was a light green color, a color that made her eyes stand out. It was pouffy at the bottom, and had sparkly thingy's at the top.

"I don't think it's the dress that makes you look short."

She punched me in the shoulder. I acted as if it hurt, but in reality her small little fists had no effect on my muscular arms.

"Me short? It's definitely the dress. " She jokingly said.

"Ya right. You're dreaming."

She began to head back for the dressing room.

I slouched back in the same spot I'd been sitting in for what seemed like forever. I heard a scream, then a thud.

"I'm alright!" She quickly shouted through the door.

I began to start laughing, and was glad she hadn't heard me.

I pulled my phone out, and was surprised when the time read five-thirty. The girls game started at six.

"Sam, we've got to go." I said, pulling my jacket on.

She came put of the dressing room.

"Why? The game doesn't start till six."

"It's five thirty." I looked back down at my phone.

"Five-thirty two now." I stated.

"Holy shit!" She said a little to loud. The receptionist turned with a shocked look on her face. Sam had the same look on her face to.

"Sorry, thank you for your time! I'll b-"

I cut her off before she could finish, then began dragging her towards my car. I quickly opened her door then ran across the pavement to the drivers side. The car quickly started.

I began to figure the time up in my head. I would have to drive ten miles over the speed limit to get there in time, which just didn't seem possible.

"Come on grandma, put the pedal to the metal!" She pushed.

I took her advice and pulled out of the parking lot quickly, probably looking like a maniac to anyone who was driving.

I drove steadily at seventy miles, but then slowed to the speed limit. I figured a speeding ticket wouldn't help anything. It would put me one ticket away from getting my license taken away, which I really had no interest in happening.

"I'm sorry." She nervously began tapping her foot.

"I just don't get why we had to go today. Shouldn't you be worrying about that title?" I questioned. I then put my hand on her leg to stop her from tapping her leg. She continued doing it after I took my hand away.

"Are you blaming me for making us late?" I took my eyes off the road for a second and glanced over at her.

"That's not what I meant at all. I just don't understand why you had to get it in the middle of February?"

"Because all the dresses will be sold out by prom time. I need to have the best dress. There are a lot of girls that look pretty, all the time, girls that you could easily get. For one night I want to be that girl, the pretty girl."

"Do you even realize how beautiful and pretty you are? You could wear sweat pants to prom and I wouldn't mind. Don't ever say that your not pretty all the time, because you are beautiful every second of every day."

Out of the corner of my eye I could see her starting to blush, but couldn't be quite sure.

"I love yo-" I turned towards her, but before I could finish a car was running into the side of the vehicle.

It literally knocked my world upside down, and me unconscious.

Author's Note

I hope you liked this one! It was a shocker at the end, and the next chapter should be up soon. Vote, Comment, tell everyone you know! Please if you have any suggestions to make, please tell me. If you have a story you might want me to read, post it here! Thank you all again so much for the reads, votes and comments!

Love, Maddie