Red

Red sat at the edge of her bed, scrolling down her friend's recent posts on her blog. After a while, it got boring, so she got up and set her phone on the nightstand. Red wandered over to her closet and flung the doors open. Tomorrow, her mom had an at-home date, and Red was supposed to look her best for those.

As she was shuffling through her dresses, a ping came from her phone. In a millisecond, she was at her bed opening her texts. It was just her grandma. Red was about to turn it off and go back to finding a dress, but she decided to read the message. It said 'Darling, I am very sick and can't get out of bed. I already asked your mother, but she was busy. Could you come over and help me?'

Getting up, Red sighed. Her grandma was a very old woman, and often needed the help of a seventeen year old girl -such as Red- to help her go throughout the day. Red glanced at her closet, sighed one more time, then grabbed a hoodie and walked out the door. The car wasn't in the driveway because mom was out, but even if the car was available, Red's mom would never allow her to use it. That was fine though, grandma only lived over two miles away. If Red jogged fast enough, she could get there in just over ten minutes.

The wind against her face, the cold biting her nose, Red smiled at the peacefulness of the world around her. Her phone pinged again, and Red slowed to a stop to check it. It was her mom, reminding her about that night's date.

"I know, you reminded me too many times today," Red muttered under her breath.

Red took a drink from a water fountain and then started jogging again. But she felt a strange feeling. The feeling that you get when someone is staring at the back of your neck. Or of being followed. A chill surged down Red's back, and Red tugged her hoodie over her face, and sprinted. Just as she had suspected, she heard the pounding of feet behind her, and she went faster. Faster then she had ever been before. Dashing across the pavement, panting as she saw the familiar signs that proved she was close to her grandmother's house. The pounding was growing louder, though. The person that was following Red was getting closer. Red put all of her strength into her legs, everything blurring together.

She turned a corner, and there it was. Her grandma's house.

She hurried, going as fast as she could. Her shoes were not made for this. The person reached for her shoulder, and they almost grabbed her, but Red sped up and was able to avoid two more grabs.

But the third did it's job.

Red found herself on her back, looking into the dark hood of an unidentified person. Who the heck are they?

"I knew you wouldn't recognise me," a feminine voice said as they tossed their hood back.

The girl was relatively petite, making it hard to believe that she had sun so fast. Her green eyes were a very weird shade, almost gray. She had a pink-purple bob hairstyle, but it looked good. Red knew who she was after a few seconds.

"Violet!" Red hugged her sister, a smile on her face. "It's been so long!"

"I got Grandma to help me surprise you," Violet said, doing jazz hands. "Surprise!"

Red smiled, getting up and dusting herself off.

"Should we go visit her? Or is she even sick?" Red quizzed.

"She's not sick, but I still want to visit her," Violet said as she zipped open her backpack, revealing a bag full of baked goods. "Wanna join me?"

Red smiled. "Why would I not?"

The sisters hooked arms, and continued the few yards to their grandma's house.

They didn't notice the person sneaking close behind.