"Last I talked to them, yes," I replied simply, taking another bite, and resisting the urge to steal another glance at Dove. I wanted to tie her down and force feed her at this point because it seemed like she barely took three bites total out of her breakfast. The irritation settling into my bones because the last thing I needed was her fainting. I didn't know what her diet was like when she was at Mateo's estate, but everyone here ate three meals.

"Your father is going to flip then," Nicolai said with a snort as he got up to throw his remainder of food into the trash bin. Everyone follow suit with placing their plates and empty cup into the sink while I bask in the fact that I would be enjoying my breakfast in silence soon enough. It was the way it was for years and I enjoyed it.

"I was just thinking the same thing," Aleksei commented with a chuckle as he gets up, waiting for Dove to follow as she peered at him and then her unfinished food like she didn't know what to do. Gripping the knife in my hands to hold in my sneer, I stared at Dove, practically burning a hole on her at this point. And I knew she felt it by the way she bit her lips.

"I've given everyone a short rundown yesterday to expect my new wife, so they won't go ballistic," I drawled out. "Though I can't stop just how it'll go down when they actually see her."

"How did everyone take the news that she's an Italian?" Timor asked, amused as he hands me the tablet that was left onto the counter. Per usual, there was work to be done "You got a few emails you should reply to as well."

"Do you think I care about their opinions?" I question, arching up a brow.

"Does she got anything to wear?" Anastasia said with a glint of excitement in her eyes. "Like a dress? I want to go shopping with her if she doesn't have anything to wear."

"She's not allowed out," I remarked slowly, our eyes clashing as she finally lifted her head from her breakfast to stare at me. With a gleam of deviltry, I smirked at her. "Unless she would like to take up my offer of what we talked about a few days ago?"

"No."

Amusement flashed through everyone's eyes along with a hint of confusion and shock that I wasn't forcing her to do something. It wasn't my thing, yet the thought of her slowly starting to crumple and giving it would make it all worth it. At that, I shrugged. "Then she can order one online with you supervising her."

"That's no fun."

"That's not my problem," I curtly replied, cutting through my eggs. "Not to mention, everything is uncertain right now with how the Italians would reply that Mateo had just gave away her daughter for an alliance. I think it'll be best you stay home until everything settles."

"Fine, then I guess I'll purposely buy the most expensive dress with overnight shipping." Anastasia grumble in annoyance but doesn't say anything as everyone started to trickle out of the dining room to get the day started, leaving just the both of us. It had been like that the last few days, seeing how slow she ate compared to everyone else. Even Aleksei would spar with Timor or Nicolai before coming to fetch her to see what to do for the rest of the day.

Then again, she didn't have much to do since Anastasia and the maids took care of everything.

A few moments of silent passes when I got annoyed that she wasn't eating. I had done nothing but give her a probably better life than the one she had before and every day, she barely ate enough. No one seemed to notice, or maybe I only did because I didn't want her to make an embarrassment out of me. Slamming my knife onto the table, Dove jumped in surprise, almost dropping her spoon in the process.