Consequences | Jay Halstead

Start from the beginning

"I'm sure all my tests will come back okay." You sighed. Looking at him. Smiling at him.

"Maybe you should get fewer working hours, or fewer shifts, or take a holiday." Your father insisted.

"Dad, seriously I am fine, I don't need to cut back on work." You sighed out. But he didn't listen to you.

"How long does it take to run some tests?" Your father grumbled. Looking at the door of the hospital room. His jaw tightening.

Just as you were about to speak, the door opened. Revealing Connor, holding a tablet. Making you let out a sigh of relief. Being saved from your fathers ranting.

"Is she okay?" Your father asked before Connor could even shut the door.

"Everything checked out fine, though your blood pressure is low." Connor spoke. Making your father grab your hand. Gripping it tighter. While his heart beat faster. You felt your heart go to your throat. As you gripped your fathers' hand tighter.

"Is that a bad thing? What does that mean?" Your dad asked. Looking more worried by the second. Thinking the worst.

Connor looked at you than at your father. Pursing his lips. Before speaking.

"Hypotension can happen for a number of reasons-" Connor started to say, only for your father to cut him off.

"What's the reason?" Your father cut Connor off before Connor could finish what he was saying.

"The reason for y/n's, low blood pressure is because she is pregnant. It's common in the first 24 weeks of pregnancy for blood pressure to drop." Connor answered. Making your breath quicken. While your dad's eyes widen in shock.

"Pregnant, my daughter is pregnant?" Your father asked in shock.

"Yes, Mr Voight, your daughter is pregnant. Congratulations, y/n." Connor announced. With a smile on his face. While you looked at him in shock. Your father, on the other hand, was ecstatic.

"I'm going to be a grandfather?" Your father asked. Tears forming in his eyes.

"Yes, Mr Voight." Connor replied. Smiling at him. Hank quickly looked at you. A proud smile on his face. You gave him a fake smile.

"This is great news." Your father beamed.

But all you could think about was how you were going to tell Jay? And how he was going to react? Would he dump you?

Connor frowned at your reaction. Letting out an awkward cough, before excusing himself.

"I'll leave you both alone for a minute, I'll get your discharge papers straight away." Connor spoke. Nodding his head at you and your father, before he left the room.

"Thanks." You muttered.

"Thank you." Your father spoke.

"My little baby is having a baby." Your father beamed. Pressing a kiss to your hand. As tears of joy gathered in his eyes.

"Dad..." You mumbled.

"Though I have to ask who's the father?" Your father asked.

"So, you can beat them up, I don't think so." You grumbled.

"It's not Rhodes is it?" He asked.

"No." you answered him. Scrunching your face up in disdain.

"Halstead?" he asked again. Making your heartbeat race. You gulped, as you felt anxiety set in. Your throat felt like it was closing. Thinking he finally found out about Jay and you.