♡^Not so punk, are you, love? | G.W.

Start from the beginning

"Of course," I say with a smile. "Just let me grab my things, then I'll put on my shoes and we can go." Turning around, I press a quick kiss to his lips before slipping off of his embrace, momentarily disappearing to grab what I need and, soon, we are walking out of the house.

It's always nice hanging out with Gerard. His presence at all is enjoyable, but I can also find entertainment in how people look at us, making it look like we're some sort of unsolvable puzzle due to our styles reaching two different extremes. The attention can be fun, sometimes. Gerard won't stop himself from glaring at people who end up acting too rude to us and it's also funny seeing their reaction, earning us laughs later when remembering about these moments.

Gerard's arm is linked to mine while we walk down the street, immersed in a talk that had been about the weather, initially, and somehow evolved into the movie we've been planning on watching for a while, looking for a perfect time to do so and without much luck.

A voice, however, pulls us away from our conversation, making it grow quieter when we noticed the rude words were directed to me.

"'Ey, hottie! Why won't you look at me? Why are you even with that punk idiot? I bet he's forcing you to stay with him or else he'll beat you up, right?" The guy says, insistent, chewing on a toothpick as leaning back against a wall with old posters glued to it.

Gerard and I, of course, decide to not feed the troll. Not like it makes a difference in our lives, as much as it annoys me how he talks about Gerard.

Once we walk past the guy, he's silent, making us let out a breath we didn't even know to be holding. However, the peace brought by it is just an extremely false hope. Footsteps are heard before the bomb drops.

"Well, no problems, I didn't even want you, anyways!" The idiot says, now angry and acting like an annoying kid throwing a tantrum. "You're just a fucking slut, I'm sure he's just using you for sex and that's all you're good for." His words make Gerard and I stop in our tracks in the same moment, snatching a proud laugh from the guy and he doesn't stop there, continuing with the awful comments. In a contrast, Gerard and I fall in a thick silence, sharing a look.

From then, things happen too fast.

The idiot guy is silenced by a punch, what will probably earn him a purple eye later. It is enough to throw him to the ground at once and Gerard doesn't really need to do anything else to scare him, just holding him up by his collar and saying something I can't hear. Gerard's words are probably threatening, judging by the guy's scared eyes. He frantically nods in agreement and puts himself into running as soon as Gerard releases him and approaches me again.

"How can people be that stupid," Gerard asks rhetorically, a sigh escaping his nose as he links his arm with mine again. He shakes his head indignantly, letting himself calm down before turning to me, pressing a kiss to the side of my face. "I'm sorry you needed to go through this, damn, sugar."

"It's fine, love," I tell him softly, furrowing my eyebrows. "Good thing I have you to throw punches for me," I joke with a chuckle in a poor attempt of lightening up the mood and it seems to work; Gerard's lips curl up in a smile, almost letting out a chuckle too, what'd happen if he wasn't so tense.

"Oh, yeah, what'd be of poor (y/n) without a bodyguard throwing punches around for live entertainment?" Gerard says, waiting for the playful glare I shoot him, before laughing.

Gerard usually really feels bad for me in events similar to this, afraid of how these will affect me, but they're not relevant enough to cause anything great. It makes me feel guilty, in a way, like if I could do something to stop Gerard from feeling like this, but I'm simply choosing to not do it even if that's not the situation.

Sighing, I lean my head against Gerard's shoulder for a moment, trying to comfort him.

Seeing Gerard dealing with practically anything else in life and comparing it to how he reacts whenever something like this happens to his loved ones is almost like if judging two completely different people. He's able to take the worst criticism if it's about himself. However, not about people he deeply cares for. I admire him for it; Gerard probably has a very specific list of priorities and it's not difficult noticing that if you know him well enough.

"What about going to the music store? It's been a time since we've last been there," I suggest thoughtfully, knowing how he enjoys the place. Most of my new knowledge on music comes from his rants whenever we're there. Other people clearly find it annoying, but I'm sure I've listened to Gerard making the same rant at least five times, basically whenever he touches a Bowie LP.

"Oh, true!" Gerard says with an instantaneous grin and excitement clear in his voice. "Maybe some of the records we've been wanting have arrived!" He starts walking with more enthusiasm, having gained a whole new mood and I can't help but to grin too, nodding.

_____________