'He is too smart for me." I think looking up at him. 

"Hey, Armin. They want us keeping these Titans outta the forest right? I think I just figured out why...We're here to lure the Female Titan into a trap. C'mon, what else could it be?" Armin seems taken back by what Jean said. 

"Like you and (y-y/n) said, there's a person inside steerin' that thing. Commander Erwin wants to figure out who." Jean says. 

"Hey! What was with the stutter for my name Jean?!" I say waving my arms around. 

*CRASH*

"Well, there goes all of his work..." I say as we all look down at the fallen Titan. 

"Commander Erwin doesn't have the right, to put all of our lives at risk just to find out one person. Hell, we could've smoked out the spy. Maybe saved some good people." He glares at me. 

'What the fuck?!!!' 

Armin looks a little frustrated, "No. He did what was necessary." Jean steps back. 

"Are you seriously trying to defend him?! Do you know how many of us died so that the Commander could play intrigue?!" Jean shouts. 

"Of course I do... All I'm saying is it's easy to judge in hindsight. At the time, though, there was no way to determine what was going to happen, what the outcome would be." Armin says. 

"Erwin is a Commander, not a soothsayer. He had to act on what he had." I say, backing up Armin. 

"Period," Armin says.

"He had to choose a handful of us or all of us. What would you have done?" Armin adds.

"He made a decision. He sacrificed hundreds of us in the process, but it was for the good of mankind." I state. 

"I may be naive but, there is one thing I know beyond all doubt. Genuine harbingers of change must be able to do what others don't dare. Sacrifice their hearts. And except the burden of doing the unspeakable. Whether we like to admit it or not, the fact is this. To rise above the monsters, we have to abandon our humanity. That's the irony, really. If you can't let it go then it's not worth holding on to." Armin looks into Jean's eyes with pure passion.

-----------------------------------

"RAHHHHH! RAH! RAHHHHHHHH!!"  An ear-piercing scream came pouring out from the forest.

  *THUMP THUMP THUMP*

"What the hell is this?! W-Why are they ignoring us all of a sudden?" Jean questions as a mob of Titans came running into the forest.

"Are those all abnormal?!" I was shocked to see that many.

"Who cares?! Concentrate on pushing them all back!" Someone says wooshing by. 

"My gear! I can't fight if I-" Nanaba taps me on the shoulder. 

"Here. Take it." She says handing me a spare part. 

"Where did you-" She cuts me off by flying away. 

"Don't worry about it." She hollers. 

'I know this is not someone's hand-me-down.'

I slip remove my gear and swap it out quickly. 

"That isn't your only obstacle," Armin says pointing to the blade. 

"Fuck it." I rip the blade from my arm leaving my arm to pour blood. 

"After all, we had an order," I say throwing the blade and concealing the wound with the handing bandage.