"Jean?" I say. 

"Jean! Be careful with her!" Armin shouts. 

"It would have been my fault! It was my fault in the first place you fell! How many times am I going to have someone slip through my hands before it's my turn, huh?!" Jean yells at me,  tugging on my collar. 

"Worst part it is, you didn't even look sad...You didn't have one ounce of emotion written on your face! Or did you just give up?! You probably just fell and excepted it... " The tip on his nose started to turn red again. 

"I told you, I show-" Jean releases my collar and steps back, not letting me finish. 

"Just shut up..." He says going to another branch and Armin ran up to me. 

"Don't worry about him, he is probably just shaken up..." Armin says bringing me back to the trunk of the tree. 

-----------------------------------

*PEW PEW* 

Distant weapon fire was heard within the forest. 

*SCRATCH* 

The faint sounds of bark being ripped off the trees could be heard beneath us as titans tried to climb the trees. 

"They, uh- They've figured out how to climb," Christa says.

"I can see that. Well, if they make it up this far then we could just move a little further, I suppose. Anyway, I doubt we'll be here for much longer. I suspect the order to withdraw will be coming any minute ." A woman says with short blond hair with an undercut. 

"What makes you say that? Those explosions in the back? I hope everything is okay" Christa says worriedly.

"Me too." The woman says. 

"Who is that?" I ask Armin. 

"Her name is Nanaba, she comes from Miche's squad," Armin responds. 

More weapon fire was heard in the distance. 

"Mikasa. Do you think that's cannon fire or what?" Sasha asks. 

"I mean, nothing else makes that much racket, right?" Mikasa doesn't respond to Sasha, she looked more focused than anything. 

"What the hell is with all that noise? Seriously." Ymir comments.

"Gimme a hand here, Bertholdt. You happen to see what tree Christa scuttled up?" She asks. 

"Sorry, I don't have a clue," Bertholdt responds.

Even more weapon fire was heard. 

"Hey, whaddya say we get outta the way?" Jean says as a titan was making its way up the tree. 

Armin nods as he picks me up and follows Jeans lead. 

"Ugly bastard is really gettin' the hang of it." Armin sets me on a separate branch then hops over to an empty one. 

"At this rate, he gonna try his hand at buildin' a damn treehouse," Jean says. 

"That's a bit intimidating..." I say as Jean doesn't even acknowledge my presents. 

"Oh come on! You can't just ignore me!" I say as Jean crosses his arms and pouts. 

"How petty," I mumbled. 

"it's also quite alarming that it is showing its capability of learning. Not a pleasant thought. Of course, they probably all developed at different rates." He says.