Chapter 2 - Introductions

Waking up, y/n notices he wasn't in his room anymore. Looking around, he sees he's in a some sort of a hospital. Seeing all sorts of medical equipment like medicine and stuff he didn't know what it was. When he was examining a bottle with some pills in it on his bedside drawer, he noticed something. Or rather, heard something. The ocean. Looking trough the window, he saw he was on some sort of island. This confused him, as he lived nowhere near the sea.

y/n: Where am I?

He walked up through the window, he could see some sort of harbor. But when he took a closer look, he saw something he never thought he would see. Old style warships, probably from around de 1940's.

???: Are you feeling better?

Turning around, he saw someone wearing something you wouldn't expect finding in a hospital. It was  a rather small girl compared to him, as he was quite tall. Standing at 1.98 meter (around 6.6" feet), he dawned over the smaller girl. The girl was wearing some sort of white cape, and had blonde hair. What surprised y/n was that she also had red eyes, so he thought she might be cosplaying, but then remembered that he was in a hospital.

y/n: Yeah i guess, what is this place?

???: You're in the Azur Lane base! My name is USS Cleveland, lead ship of the Cleveland class!

y/n: Azur Lane? Cleveland class?

Cleveland: How do you not know what Azur Lane is? Now that I think about it, where did you come from? We found you falling out of the sky out of all places.

y/n: I actually don't know, it's all kind of fuzzy. All I know is my name; y/n l/n.

Cleveland: Okay... We should wait till vestal arrives and get you checked up. I have to go for now though, I have a meeting with some people. Get some rest!

y/n: Will do.

Walking back over to his bed, he lies back down and tries to remember what happened. But as soon as he starts to get some memories back, the entire building shakes from a explosion. Looking outside, he could see some weird black ships with what appears to be red lights  everywhere attacking the older looking ships. 

y/n: What. Are. Those...

Just as y/n said that, some planes came in for a strafing run and light up the hospital with their machine guns. Running for cover, y/n dives under his bed and somehow doesn't get hit by any bullets.

y/n: I need to get out of here quick before i get shot at again!

Dashing out of the building and looking for the person he met before,  he stumbles upon the harbor. Looking around for someone to talk to, he notices one of the ships turning a bright blue and transforming into thousands of cubes.

Cleveland: Cleveland, knight of the seas... 

Cleveland: Entering battle!

Y/n recognizes the girl from before, but is shocked to discover that the blue cubes, that once made up the warship, were now heading towards her. Thinking they would just fly past her, he thought nothing would happen, but was once again surprised when they formed some sort of rigging around her body, dawning the main features of the warship. With her rigging now attached, she pointed her guns at some unfortunate aircraft, and fired. The shells made their way towards the attacking aircraft and killed them in one hit.

y/n: what is this world and how do i survive this?

Cleveland: The ultimate weapon humanity developed to combat you Sirens...

The aircraft launched a few missiles at Cleveland, and they managed to hit their mark. Thinking it sunk the ship, it turned around to make sure it was actually down. This was a fatal mistake, as shells soared through the column of water and took out the aircraft.