Chapter 12 - Endless Abyss.

*Hood P.O.V.*

So this is it huh?

I guess y/n was right...

All of that fighting for naught...

Oh well, it happens...

I hope they make it out...

*y/n P.O.V.*

I am not going to let this happen again. I don't know what happened, but somehow I can safely travel underwater. But I feel like some parts are missing...

y/n: Where is she? I can't see her...

After a while of searching for the sunken battlecruiser, y/n still hadn't found a single trace or piece of the pride of the royal navy.

y/n: Come on Hood where are you?

???: *beep*

y/n: What was that?

Suddenly the entire seafloor lit up in a wave of green light, and he started to see some parts of a wreckage about 500 meters north of him.

y/n: There!

Quickly swimming towards the wreckage, he started searching through the parts looking for Hood. He didn't get any good results until he found her almost unconscious near one of her turrets.

y/n: Hood!

He swam towards her but stopped when he suddenly felt a pain in his abdomen. He looked down and saw a small gash on his side.

y/n: What? Don't tell me i've reached my crush depth!

Hood: y/n? Is that you? Don't even bother trying to get me up, i'm too heavy for a submarine to lift me anyway.

y/n: Don't say that Hood, I'm going to get you out of this mess!

Diving deeper to reach the sunken warship, he reached out his hand and tried to bite through the increasing pain all over his body. He could even start hearing metal tearing and groaning due to the immense pressure.

Hood: y/n stop! You're gonna get yourself killed!

y/n: As long as i can save you I don't care!

Hood: ...

Grabbing Hood by the arms, he started lifting her up, but soon realised that he had taken on too much water, and even almost was too heavy to lift himself.

y/n: Shit! Okay, that's it. Hood hold on tight! Emergency blow!

An incredible amount of bubbles soon shot out of y/n's rigging and started floating to the surface. y/n now having enough buoyancy started rising as well.

Soon he was passed his crush depth, but he was still flooding. This meant that even though he was rising he soon started slowing down. When he and Hood were about 5 meters from the surface, y/n had taken on too much water and started sinking again.

y/n: I'm so close! NO!

He started losing all hope and tried to reach for the surface, but missed.

y/n: I'm sorry Hood, I really tried to fix this mess...

Hood: Don't worry, it isn't your fault.

Feeling the desperation take over y/n closed his eyes, until a hand breached through the surface and grabbed the back of his clothes.

y/n: What?

Hood: Wales!

Pulling both of the now sinking ships out of the water, Wales summoned her ship to get a solid base to get y/n and Hood on. She then made a smoke screen to get away from the still attacking Iron Blood ships.

Wales: Hood! Are you okay?

Hood: Yes Wales, I'm fine. I just need some repairs once we reach dock so I can sail again.

Wales: That's reassuring. Anyway, y/n! What wre you thinking?

y/n: What?

Wales: You scared the living teacup out of me! How did you even survive for that long?

y/n: I think my riggings changed...

Hood: How?

Wales: Are you talking about a retrofit?

y/n: No I don't think it's a retrofit. It almost feels like it's something entirely new. I've got some cool new tricks as well. When I was looking for Hood, a random green light went across the seafloor showing all of the parts of her wreck.

Hood: Maybe it's more of your weird technology?

y/n: That's actually a good point. It might've been my sonar.

Wales: Sorry to cut it short, but we're soon reaching the base.

y/n: Roger.

Sorry.

I truely am sorry for taking so long to update this book, and then also coming back with such a short chapter. I'm going to try to get back into the rythm and restart this book. The last time I worked on it I was losing motivation and I also wrote myself into an awkard spot. After a long time I finally got the courage and ideas to continue. I hope I can keep going for longer this time.

Until next time.