Game Night

Lenas POV
     I wipe my sweaty hands on my jeans taking a deep breath. Why am I so nervous? This isn't a date or anything. It's just a group of friends casually playing some board games. I bring a shaky fist to the door and knock. The door soon opens and I'm met with Karas smiling face.
     "You made it!" Kara bounces happily.
     "I wouldn't miss it." I smile back ask she lets me in, giving me a hug.
     "Do you want anything to drink?"
     "Whatever is fine. I'm not fussed."
     "Got it. You can just take a seat wherever people are."
     "Got it." I nod and awkwardly walk to where I see the most people.
     "I see Ms Luthor has decided to show her face." Winn smiles making my presence known. I swear I hear Alex scoff.
     "You can just call me Lena." I smile awkwardly sitting in the only spot open, right next to Alex.
     I shift uncomfortably as Alex glares me down. Kara soon returns with a glass of wine. She handles me the glass and flicks Alexis forehead mumbling something about being nice as she sits on the floor. After a bit of talking and joking–or insults aimed at me under Alexis breath–the sound of knocking came from the front door. I look at Alex as her face lights up. She quickly stands and makes her way to the door. She opens it and she embraces whoever is at the door.
     "Babe, what took you so long?" Alex says in a warm tone kissing the persons cheek.
     "I got held up at work, I tried to get here as soon as possible." A female voice sounds. So it's a woman... interesting, "And you know I'd never miss a game night."
     "Of course you wouldn't. If you did I wouldn't have anyone to help me crush everyone else."
     Kara soon stands walking over to the pair, giving the mystery woman a hug, "I'm assuming you want a beer as usual?"
     "You know me so well." She smiles walking over to the couch noticing me, "I see we have a new face. Hi, I'm Sam."
     "It's really nice to meet you I'm Lena." I smile back before standing, "I'll let you have the couch next to Alex. I can sit in the floor with Kara."
     "Oh no it's fine, you were here first, keep your seat."
     "No it's fine, I insist."
     She smiles at me taking my spot in the couch as I sit on the floor. Alex comes back over to the couch cuddling up next to Sam who I heard mumble not so quietly something along the line of 'Tell me again why you hat that girl? She seems sweet.' I'd like to know that answer myself if I'm being honest. Kara returns with a beer handing it to Sam and sits down next to me.
"I vote we play charades first." James says gesturing to a bowl filled with paper.
"Alright, as always we will start with describing the word before we act them out." Kara smiles grabbing a timer, "James since you wanted charades you and Winn can go first."
"We're gonna crush all of you as usual." Win says causing me to scoff, "What was that for?"
"It's just you may have always won before, but now I'm here." I smirk confidently.
"We could actually win this time, ya know." Sam adds to the conversation.
"Enough smack talk, let's get this game going so me and Lena can crush you!" Kara says flipping over the timer as the two start guessing.
Winn and James got ten correct words, Sam and Alex got eleven–based in there reaction I'm assuming that doesn't happen often–and me and Kara got thirteen making us the winner of charades.
"Wow we totally just got crushed by your sister and her girlfriend." Sam says in awe to Alex.
"Oh no we aren't um, we aren't dating." Kara mumbles awkwardly as a blush starts rising to cheeks, adjusting her glasses.
"We are just friends." I say more confidently. The way Kara blushes and stuttered no one was going to believe her, plus she messed with her glasses.
     "My mistake sorry, you guys just seem to have that look going on." Sam shrugged.
     "Look?" I furrow my eyebrows.
     "Yeah. One of you are always gazing at the other, I mean you stop immediately if they turn to look at you but it's still there." Sam states sounding very matter of fact.
     "That's... that's not a thing." I dismiss, shaking my head.
     "Whatever you say." She shrugs.
     We play some more games and it was fun. Winn insisted he could be me in chess. Just like Kara he had failed much to his annoyance. I wonder what it would be like to actually lose a game. From what I've gathered Alex and Sam have won every game night since they got together. Currently we were tied, playing one last game.
"I swear to god if you mess this up Sam." Alex said after reading her trivia question.
"I won't I swear." She giggles clearly not as competitive as Alex.
"Who wrote the classical song Brandenburg?" Alex asks giving her an intense look.
"Um... Mozart?" Sam bites her lip as Alex groans, "Wait no it's Bach, it's Bach!"
"No you already got it wrong! You lost! Me and Lena win!" Kara jumps up and down happily.
Me and Sam just laugh as the two sisters start bickering, both being extremely competitive.
"It totally counts! She remembered the right answer almost immediately!"
"It does not! The first answer the person says is the one that gets counted! Not the second!"
"Come on Kara, we totally won and you know it!"
"Calm down you two, me and Kara clearly won, ending your streak." I lean back sipping some wine.
"Fine." Alex huffs crossing her arms, "I hope you know this makes me hate you more."
"I would t have it any other way." I shrug before letting out a yawn, "it's getting late I should probably get going."
"Clearly Kara didn't tell you we normally sleep over here since we've all been drinking." Winn says as he starts helping Kara clean up.
"There's already a lot of you here I wouldn't want to intrude." I say moving to leave.
"No stay. It's part of tradition." Kara says coming into the conversation.
"I can just call a driver so it's no problem at all." I say trying to get away.
"That would just be a waste of time when you could stay here." Sam says, "we aren't that bad."
"Almost everyone wants you here so just stay." Alex grumbles pushing herself up off the couch, rinsing out her wine glass.
"I really shouldn't. Wouldn't it just get crowded?" I deny again.
"It's not crowded now." James says with a slight smirk.
"Where would we all even sleep?" I ask desperately trying to find an excuse.
"We have air mattresses." Kara shrugs standing in front of me.
"I barley know most of you, I really shouldn't."
"Don't make me pout." Kara warns, placing her hands on her hips.
"She's really good at it." Alex adds crossing her arms.
"Fine, I will stay." I sigh giving in.
"Yay! Now, Winn and James go get the air mattresses." Kara smiles at them hopefully.
"This is what we get for being dudes." Winn sighs standing with James to go find them.
I just need to last the entire night without giving Kara the "look" according to Sam. I can do that... possibly.