The First Time

Lenas POV
     I spent most of the night forming a plan. I don't want to have to wait until we go out drinking again so I'm going to ask her out for a casual dinner and make a small little move... which will eventually lead to more. I sit at my desk, eyes trained on the elevator waiting for a cute blonde to walk through them. Soon my view is obscured by Winn.
     "So I've added a few fire walls and I was wondering if you wanted me to add more?"
     "I want as much protection for the website as possible." I smile glancing behind him at the medal doors.
     "Are you waiting for someone to get here?" Winn asked awkwardly glancing between me and the doors.
     "Oh no..." I shake my head clearing my throat, "Just go make more fire walls or something like that."
     "On it." Winn salutes and leaves me in peace before piping his head through the window, "Someone is here for an interview, by the way."
     "Oh! Send them in." I smile, excited to meet the applicant.
     He nods and soon follows a blonde female with a smile on her face, "Hi I'm Eve."
     "It's nice to meet you." I extend my hand which she takes, "you seem very promising."
     I look over her information, she's quite smart. I finish off the interview asking her if she could start as soon as possible. Once she leaves I see the one and only Kara Danvers sitting at her desk already diving into today's work. I smile and stand up making my way over to her.
     "Hey stranger." I smile gaining her attention.
     "Hey! What's up? Do you need something? Did the interviews not go well? I'm sure I can find more applicants."
     "Kara relax the interviews went fine. I just came over to talk to you."
     "Oh... okay, what's up?"
     "I was just wondering if you wanted to grab some diner after work?"
     "Oh sure. It's probably smart for me to eat something other than takeout." Kara giggles, the corner of her eyes crinkling slightly.
     "Well I'm that case, you can get a salad for lunch instead of potstickers."
     "Don't push it." Kara gave me a stern look causing me to giggle. It wasn't really that threatening.
     "You don't look scary at all. In fact you're more adorable than anything."
     "I'm sorry I wasn't born with the face of a CEO like some people here."
     "That's really to bad. I guess you'll never be able to achieve your dreams."
     "I actually really enjoy being a reporter, so I can live with the pain of not being a CEO."
     "I think you're better suited for reporting anyway, you're a hell of a writer."
     "Oh I'm well aware." Kara smirks before walking over to the printer.
     Damn does she look good with a smirk. I bite my lip before breaking into a smile and waking back to my office. I finally plunge into my own work load hoping to pass the time un till I can talk with Kara more. Sadly Kara was pulled away to much by Winn claiming she didn't eat lunch out of CatCo enough leaving me alone for my meal. What seemed like a life time it was finally the end of the day. I shoot out of my seat quickly cleaning everything up, and walking over to Karas work place.
     "Ready to go?" I smile slightly tilting my head.
     "Just one minute..." She utters distractedly as she types a few more words, "And I am... done!"
     "Finish your article?" I ask looking over her shoulder.
     "Yup! So where exactly are we eating?"
     "Your choice, I don't really know any places around here yet."
     "I suggest we go to Big Belly Burger. They have amazing fries." Kara practically drools.
     "Are are you so thin when you eat so much, and it's only ever takeout."
     "I ask my self every day." Kara mutters with a straight face causing me to giggle, her face never breaking.
      "Wait are you being serious?"
     "Dead." Kara said before giggling, "It's actually more like once a week."
     "You Kara Danvers are something special." I shake my head linking arms with her.
     We head out of CatCo to where the said Big Belly Burger is. We made small jokes as we traveled. It was nice and comfortable. I managed to convince her to bring the food to my loft–though it's more of a penthouse–so there is no pressure for us to eat quickly... and for my plan, but she doesn't know that. I lead the way inside my clean loft, filled with boxes yet to be unpacked. Kara took a look around with a puzzled expression.
     "Why aren't you unpacked yet? It must be awful having to dig through all these boxes."
     "I haven't decided how long I'm staying so I don't see a need to unpack just yet." I shrug placing our food on my kitchen island.
     "Didn't you buy a company? Why wouldn't you stay?"
     "It was just a business investment, I can easily have someone else take over when I leave."
     "When? So you definitely are leaving?"
     "Kara I don't see why you care, this doesn't concern you."
     "But it concerns CatCo, which if you hadn't noticed by now I work there."
     "Look can we please just drop this... I would just like to eat, it's been a long day."
     "Yeah sorry... it really is none of my business."
     "It's fine, let's dig in." I smile pulling out the contents of the bag.
     Kara smile back grabbing her food and sitting on my spotless couch. I follow her lead grabbing a remote and turning on a random channel.
     "Wait can we watch the Wizard of Oz?" Kara asks, eyes lighting up.
     "Haven't watched that in awhile." I say standing back up looking through a box of DVDs, "Aha! Here it is."
     I put in the movie getting comfortable once again and trying a fri. Kara was right they are certainly delicious. We eat our diner, hypnotized by the show. After we both finished, Kara casually cuddled into my side causing me to tense.
     "Sorry." She mumbled going to move.
     "No it's fine," I quickly stop her, "I jut wasn't expecting it."
     She nods and goes back to the movie as my body relaxes. I soon start running my hands through her hair. She looks up at me making eye contact. I guess this is my chance right? I lean in slowly making sure it's an okay move. Not being told otherwise, I lean closer so our noses are touching. Kara getting impatient closes the gap, connecting our lips. I smile into it being able to enjoy this kiss unlike the last. I run my tongue along her bottom lips and she parts her lips slightly. I deepen the kiss as she moves to straddle me. One thing led to another and let's just say, Kara was much more up to the friends with benefits idea than she was the day earlier.