"Will you stay still? You don't want your arm suffering long-term damage." Jean says. 

---------------------------------------

*WHISTLE* 

"Where did you guys get this? How old's your gear?" Reiner asks as Jean calls out for our horses. 

"Don't worry about it," I say looking at the blade. 

"It came off like it's supposed to so we should be okay." Armin looks over to my arm. 

"Well, at least as far as gear goes..." I tilt my head at him.  

"Hey! Worry about your own injuries! And my gear is all fucked up, I mean sure, my gas and wires are fine but, they're maufunctioning." I say sticking my tongue out.

"Alright, well that's something then," Reiner says. 

"We are still down two horses..." I say.

"Yeah right, not the ideal situation. Here, you probably gonna need to seal that up...Or at least stabilize it so it doesn't rip any tendons." He says tossing me a wrap. 

I grab the wrap and start to wrap it up my forearm leaving the blade untouched. 

*WHISTLE* 

"We can't keep moving until (y/n) and Jean's ride shows up," Reiner says as I start to stabilize the blade on each side.  

"Reiner, come snap the blade, you know, by section," I say holding out my arm and putting a piece of cloth in my mouth to conceal any whimpers.

 "One of us is going to have to stay here, we need to figure out who," Reiner says breaking one section and I bite down hard. 

 "Wait a second! Shouldn't we at least fire off a smoke signal?! I mean if everyone kept going straight, Row four, squad three ought to be in close proximity to us by now." Armin says as Reiner snaps off the last bit of the blade. 

*POP*

Jean fires off a purple flare, "Well, that's an emergency signal, but who knows. I doubt anyone's going to see it and think, "Hey someone must need an extra horse." Ha!"Jean says sitting next to me. 

"Listen. We only have three minutes then we have to decide who stays." Reiner says looking down. 

"Should be me, I'm not going to be a use to anyone at the moment, unless I rip this thing out but that leaves me open to a lot of things, including infection, that's if I don't already have one...But if I am left out here in the open, Armin is going to have to deliver a message. And if possible, give it to the Commander, and I think Armin knows what I'm going to say..." Jean squeezes my shoulder. 

"Hey, hold on (y/n)! Looks like you're gonna be able to tell the Commander yourself alongside Armin!"Jean says helping me up.

"Someone answered our call! Hell yeah! They got a horse for all of us too!" Looking into the distance you can see a girl with blond hair who has three horses attached to her leads. 

"Hey! It's Christa!!" I say waving my hand. 

"Hey! Are you guys alright?!" She yells.

Christa makes her way over and hands us all a lead.

"Oh my goodness! Are you okay (y/n)?! That blade is going right through your arm!" She says looking around my arm. 

"Stings, but I'll be alright," I say grabbing the lead from her hands. 

"Well damn! That's my little runaway!" Jean laughs petting his horse. 

"Easy Buchwald. I forgive you!" Jean says.