lxxxiii

pls the way i have no clue what i'm writing

"arse," maddy mumbled, running past everyone and shooting dolohov with the first spell she could think of.

"i had that," remus coughed out.

the next thing both of them knew, sirius showed up, pulling remus up from the floor and into a hug.

from a distance, she could see a figure shooting spells at a woman with pink hair.

"no, no, no," maddy quickly disapparated, tackling bellatrix when she landed. she rolled off, giving tonks the window to curse the death-eater.

"you won't let anyone die, will you?" tonks chuckled, helping maddy up.

"that really hurt," she placed her hands on her knees, trying to catch her breath.

"what is that?" tonks panicked, touching both bandages on maddy's stomach and arm.

"lestrange and greyback," the gryffindor glanced around them.

"let's get out of here before she wakes up," tonks interlaced their hands, running towards the building.

"i need to find phoebe and hermione. please stay safe, don't die. i would yell at you because you shouldn't be here but obviously there's no time for that," maddy spluttered out, running in the direction of the room of requirement.

"hello, minister!" she heard percy bellow. "did i mention i'm resigning?"

maddy rushed towards the noises of dueling, finding percy and fred, death-eaters, and the people she was looking for.

"you're joking, perce! you actually are joking, perce—-i don't think i've ever heard you joke since you were-"

the older taylor made a run for hermione, but heard an explosion. seeing fred was the closest to the actual noise, she ran to him, grabbing his arm and disapparating just as the air exploded and sent the others flying.

when they landed, they rolled on the ground, maddy coughing out blood.

"hey, hey, hey," fred slid towards her, making sure they weren't in any danger. "get out of here."

"no, this is my fight."

"oh, you stubborn little git," he chuckled. "let's go," he got up, helping maddy up and carefully sneaking out of their hiding spot, out into the open.

"lavender," they both mumbled, avoiding all the hexes being thrown at them as they ran in the direction of the girl who was being attacked by fenrir greyback.

when they got there, fred tackled the werewolf, and maddy flicked her hand, sending the red-head rolling and knocking the death-eater unconscious.

"get lavender to safety," she ordered him.

"what are you going to do?" fred asked as he picked up lavender, bridal style. he question was answered by a nod, and he looked over, seeing dementors and patronuses swirling around near the forest.

when maddy got to luna's side, the blonde gently pushed her away: a giant had lurched out of the darkness.

"run!" harry shouted.

maddy followed the other four gryffindors, bursts of red and green light illuminating the darkness.

"the whomping willow, go!"

the five ran faster than they ever have before, slowing down once they reached the willow to not get slashed by a swinging branch.

"how—-how're going to get in? i can—-see the place—-if we just had—-crookshanks again-"