*BOOM* 

 Armin and I flip out heads in the direction of a flare sound.

"It's a red flare, a titan was spotted," Armin says. 

"There is another," I say pointing a little bit aside from the first. 

"You wanna bet your ass you're going to see a lot of those, especially for the guys up in front," I say referring back to our lesson. 

*BOOM* 

There was the green flare shot by none other than the Commander himself, signaling to reroute accordingly. 

----------------------------------------  

"Something is off," Armin says holding his gun. 

"Hm? What?" I ask.

"It's been too long since the red flare. And the formation is still all over the map" I look up into the sky to see the red flares die down. 

"Wait," I say pointing a finger east. 

*POP*

A black flare was sent into the air. 

"We are dealing with more than just Normals out here." Armin gets his black flare.

"There is a titan ignoring the outliners and making a b-line for the center!" Armin says raising his flare in the air and sending it. 

"Correct, so that means, it's an abnormal..." I say looking over. 

Armin and I can see two bodies making their way out of the forest. 

"That's Ness and Cis!" Armin says. 

"Wait for it," I say keeping my eyes glued on the forest. 

As Ness and Cis made their way out, there was abnormal making its way through, ignoring the two men. 

"They can't let it break up the formation, and Ness knows that we are here so he is probably going to take it on." As I finish my sentence Ness was seen taking out the abnormals ankles, bringing it to the ground while Cis slices its nape right off. 

"Hell yeah!" I say smiling. 

"Way to go! Nicely done Ness!" Armin says smiling in their direction as well. 

Armin notices something in the distance though. 

"Another one, what a day," I say as another abnormal makes its way towards Ness and Cis. 

"This one has great speed!" Armin says shooting his black flare.

As the titan caught up to Cis and Ness, Cis went for its nape directly. 

*SNAP* 

It grabbed Cis and smashed him like a bug. Ness made his way up after but the titan grabbed his wire smacking his body to the floor. 

'He had to have died on impact.' I think I was too shocked to say anything.

The titan stopped its movement and looked at us. 

*THUD THUD*

It wasted no time shifting its direction towards Armin and me. 

"Oh hell no!" Armin and I face shifting our attention forward as we try to pick up speed.

"D-Did that really just happen?!" Armin shakes. 

"We're not dealing with an abnormal! This thing is showing far too much intelligence!" I shout to Armin.