She hurriedly grabbed a black and red chunri duppata with a thin golden border to go with her monotone red short kameez which had golden embroidery paired with straight red pants and ran towards the entrance, where a car was waiting for her, in her dull golden Prada sliders, her gold anklet jingling with every step she took.

She was a very simple girl who would get happy just with a cone of vanilla ice cream or roadside golgappay. She really wasn't into clothes at all and all her wardrobe was shoped by her mother, except her comfy clothes and unndergarments, because her attire had to keep up with the family's standard.

"It's just lipstick na. Please put some on, Diya." Armeen, Badiya's friend, pleaded with a red lipstick in her hand. She was one of the few friends Badiya had in her university. All her life people tried to befriend Badiya just because of her family status. Her branded clothes and shoes, the cars she travelled in, everything luxurious attracted people and they tried to be in her good-books so they can approach those luxuries, but- unfortunately for them and fortunately for her- Badiya had always been good at reading people. She knew who was trying to pretend to be nice and who wasn't. She might come off as rude to most people but that was just because she wasn't ready to put up with everyone's shit. She had tried to play nice to everyone but it gets exhausting and she wasn't willing anymore to take that exhaustion. She doesn't even bother to answer people- who are just trying to pry in her personal life for some juicy gossip or just want to be seen talking to her so they can boast about it later- and stare at them for a solid few seconds before going back to whatever she was doing. Well, it works pretty good because they don't try to approach her again.

"You have already put this black stuff on my eyes and this chamkeeli (glitter) on my face. It's enough." Badiya glared at her friend and tried to return back to arranging the files on the tables in the correct order.

"That was mascara and highlighter, you idiot. I sometimes wonder if you're really a girl or not. Thank the lords, Aunty takes you to the spa regularly so that you don't look like a homeless druggie. Now look here." Armeen grabbed her face tightly and Badiya's lips puckered due to the pressure aiding Armeen in putting the lipstick on her lips.

"You shouldn't doubt that. After all, you have-" Badiya said cheekily but was cut off by Armeen.

"Washed your blood-stained shirt in school, I know. Do this." Armeen rubbed her lips together and Badiya mimicked her.

Badiya had never been interested in how the way she looks because to her a person was much more than how he looks only. She had tried to build her character and morals instead of her physical appearance but Armeen always made sure to give her a little touch-up before she attended any function. After making sure everything was where it was supposed to be and all the admin team had reported to their duties, Badiya went to sit in a committee. There was a heated debate going on when her phone ringed distubing the decorum.