Chapter 48: The Blame Game

Start from the beginning

"I don't care if everyone sees it." I say,"I only care if-"

"Alec sees it." She finishes,"But you know eyes the best part about this video? It has Jake involved in it and let me remind you that he's now the head of one of the biggest multinational co-operations so more than you it will damage his precious little reputation."

"How will it-"

"I thought you would eating up the tabloids by now." She says,"All they can talk about is him and his new girlfriend."

I grow completely still.

"Oh he's not told you yet?" She asks her smile growing bigger,"This is much better than I thought it would be."

I actually have to clench my fists behind my back to stop them from shaking.

"He's dating Leah Dassen." She says,"The pretty brunette you saw him going up with him?"

"Yup, her dad's big in oil." She says,"She's studying an hour away at Stanford. Most people speculate the reason he's back here is so that he's closer to her."

"What you thought that he's back for you?" She snorts,"They started dating two weeks before he came-"

"Enough" My voice is steadier than I had expected it to be but it still shook.

"My my it must be a shock for you to almost lose both your boy toys in one go." She says smirking.

"What do you want Natalie?" I ask.

"Well, it's simple really." She says,"To your very sad, desperate relationship with Alec alive and you just have to do one little thing and I swear no media nor Alec is going to see Jake Henderson more or less declaring his love for you."

"What do I have to do?"

"That's easy, Jeremy and Rebecca, you have to break them up."

I stand there in silence for a few minutes in muted shock, my mouth wide open.

"What?"

My voice finally comes out unbelievably and strangled.

Her eyes harden,"You say you knew me Clara then you know exactly why I'm asking you to do this."

"Are you still in love with Jeremy?" I ask and for a second she looks almost vulnerable and scared but it vanishes the next second as she says,"Does it matter?"

"I-I can't break them up Natalie." I say,"They are in love and what could I possibly do to split-"

"Anything. Everything." She interrupts.

"But he's-"

"He still loves me." Natalie says,"He's kissed me, he even slept-"

"That can't be true." I say,"He wouldn't do that-"

"It's Jeremy." She says,"You've known how it's been with us-"

"He's changed." I say forcibly,"You go tell her this yourself and when Rebecca bitch slaps you I'll be sure to record it."

"It's Jeremy, do you honestly think that he's happy with her?" Natalie asks.

"I am not breaking them up. You-"

Before I can finish she places her phone in front of me which is displaying a hazy video but it's still not hard to figure out who was in the video and what they were doing.

Oh, Rebecca I'm so sorry.

"Why are you doing this?" I ask even though I know the answer to the question,"Why not just tell her on her face, why are you making me do it?"