Chapter 17: The Best Way To Become Sober

UNEDITED

"You girls are young and come from good homes." The stern lady also known as our principal A.K.A Mrs. Davis sat across me and Natalie said, "Why should I be getting behavioral complains?"

"Young girls like you should be civilized." She continued on.

Civilized? Natalie? Who knew the principal had a sense of humor.

"Girls this is unacceptable." She says, "Miss Wilson especially from you. Your sister-"

"Ma'am with all due respect me and my sister are different people so please do not compare us." I say.

I mean I just had a proper fight with Natalie, back answering a principal was right now did not look as daunting.

The principal looked quite shocked.

"Yes you are right. But judging by your previous record I did not expect this from you Clara." She says, "I mean you are in the student council have the perfect grades not to mention a shoo in for valedictorian and all teachers have nothing but good things to say about you."

Yeah go ask the gym teacher what he has to say about me right now.

"Favoritism much?" Natalie mutters.

I roll my eyes.

"Miss but she so clearly started it." Natalie huffed, "There should be some kind of punishment."

"Miss Anderson I know you tripped her first so let's not talk." She says, "I am being biased to both of you and I am giving you a weeks detention and counseling for the both of you."

"What?" The both of us shout together.

"That is a very bad idea." I say.

"I agree." Natalie says, "Unless you want the school to blow up, you don't want this."

"See you agreed with something." She said, "I believe you will make wonderful progress. Miss Wilson you will be in the organizing committee for the dance this weekend and Miss Anderson you will be selling the tickets as part of your detention."

We both stare at her and for a moment I think she is going to start laughing and tell us that this was all a big joke.

"You are now dismissed." She says.

I get up and I'm ready to sprint out of her office when Mrs. Davis spoke up.

"Oh girls before you got to your classes you might want to go to the nurse's office."

_________________________________

"This is hilarious." Jake says looking at me and then quickly taking a peek at Natalie who was on the other side of the room with the nurse.

And Alec.

We couldn't see much due to the curtain the nurse had drawn to keep us apart.

"You beat the living daylights out of her." He says and then looks at me as if I have just been declared the queen of England, "Clara Wilson I have never been so proud of you."

"Oh what you are done throwing yourself at Ashley?" I say coldly trying to see what the hell was going on the other side.

"What can I say, I like older women." He says and I kick him hard on the shin,"Ow! That hurt but were you jealous?"

I roll my eyes, "Of Ashley? Pfft."

Yeah I mean whose going to be jealous of the tall gorgeous supermodel with boys falling on her feet. Not to mention the fact that she was another version of my sister. Just nicer which meant I actually liked her.