Wake up

I arrived in Hollywood safe and sound. I wasn't able to write much, it's like my mind was a blank slate. Everything I tried to write just didn't sound right so I just gave up and texted my dad and asked if I could go shopping when I land. Maybe it will help clear my mind and I can focus on writing later. But I also need a new wardrobe. My closet isn't for Hollywood weather.
     When I land I grabbed my bag and went to the front door to see if I saw anyone who was here to pick me up. My father said he sent someone but I don't see anyone.

"LYDIA" I look over and see Carrie waiting for me with a blonde guy standing next to her. I instantly run to her and we wrap our arms around each other.
     "I have missed you, sis" she smiles and just looks over at the boy standing next to her. "This is nick."
     I look at the boy and shake his hand "It's nice to meet you. I'm Lydia"
     Nick gives me a faint smile "You to"

When we got home, I opened the door and saw a huge banner saying " Welcome home my little pop star" I smile at it and set my bags on the ground.
     "SURPRISE" my dad jumped out from behind the couch giving me a huge scare. He said he wasn't going to be home until later, he said he was stuck at the studio all day.

"Dad, you scared me" he moves closer and gives me big hug
     "sorry pumpkin. But welcome home. Follow me, I'll show you your room".
     I follow him up the stairs and into my room. Is was absolutely breathtaking. It's everything I wanted and more.

"Do you like it" my dad asked, I could tell he was nervous about showing me, cause what if I didn't love it.
     "I love it, thank you" he smiles and I just collapse on the bed ready to fall asleep in this cloud feeling mattress.
     "Hey, the tour isn't over. Get up. You still have a music room to see"

He takes me to the backyard and into the pool house. When I walked in I instantly got excited. This wasn't a music room, it was a music house. The main room had the pianos, drums and guitars. The back room was a studio where I could record my own music. Then it has a side room with everything I need to write music.
     "Thank you dad, I love it" I ran and hugged him.

Carrie comes outside and stands in the door way of the studio "So what song will you be performing tomorrow" I turn around and look at her, then at my dad. He was standing there giving me the 𝗢𝗼𝗽𝘀 𝗜 𝗙𝗼𝗿𝗴𝗼𝘁 look.
     "What do you mean? I'm not performing"

"Yes you are. Did dad not tell you? Ms, Harrison wants you to perform at the assembly tomorrow."

"TOMORROW? PERFORM?" I start pacing around the room
     "I thought that's why you came out here, for a music career" my dad said in a worried tone. He has never seen me like this.
     "I- I did. But I have to perform tomorrow and I have NOTHING ready. I don't even have an outfit, oh my god. My life is over before it even started." My dad comes to me and stops me from pacing.
     "Lydia you're talented. You can do this. You don't need weeks like most people, you can do it in a week."

That did help calm me down. I still have all day to find something perfect to wear. "No, I have to write a song then shop. I match my outfits off what my song is about" he goes over to the piano and sits down "let's get writing then"

I walk sit down next to him and carries walks out the room. "I don't even know what To write about, my mind is completely blank."
     He starts playing a melody to one of his songs "write about something that happened, Like a dream or a fear" One thing instantly came to my mind. I know what I need to write.
     "Oh my god. Thank you. I know exactly what to write". I kicked him out of the room and got to work on my new song.