Chapter 6

One flight back to Quantico, and the team was completely back together again. Penelope insisted on taking the girls out for drinks. Derek, Spencer, and Dave went home. Aaron told us to take the next couple days off, as we've been on so many cases lately.

    Aaron didn't go home though, instead he sat in his office doing paperwork. You always wondered how he has so much paperwork to fill out all the time, but you didn't question it. That's how it's always been.

    You leave with the girls, and hope to god they don't badger you. "Goodnight Hotch." You say, as you finish packing up. The girls were just waiting on you, outside.

    "Goodnight. See you in a few days." He replies, smiling. Aaron walks away, and you wonder if he said that because you're keeping it professional in the workplace.

    You shake it off, knowing you'll probably see him before that. You take the elevator down to the first floor, and find the girls. "Ready to go?" Emily asks, and you nod.

    "Yay! This will be so fun, just us girls." Penelope squeals.

You four walk out, and head for your cars. You guys are going to drink, but in the luxury of your apartment. You and Penelope have the alcohol, Emily has the snacks, and JJ brought the hangover necessities. Classic JJ, always being a mom.

Once you all arrived at your apartment, the girls broke out the booze. "I'm making margaritas. You want one, Y/n?" Emily asks.

"I'd love one. I'm just going to change really fast." I say, and they nod. JJ isn't staying over, as she's going back home to her husband, Will, and son, Henry.

You change your clothes quickly, putting on comfy clothes. You walk back out, and see Emily and Penelope have comfy clothes on too. They both want to get wasted, so they're spending the night here. JJ looked out of place now, since she was the only one in her work clothes now.

The four of you transition from the kitchen to the living room, with blankets and pillows spread out. "So, what's been going on with you y/n?" Penelope asks, putting me on the spot first.

"Nothing. Why do you ask?" You say, as they start acting suspicious.

"Oh come on. With Hotch, what is going on with you two?" Emily butts in.

You roll your eyes, denying it. They cannot find out. "I have no clue what you mean. There's nothing going on." You say, and they stare you up and down.

"No, there's definitely something. He's been looking at you for a second too long. I've noticed that, and he basically put you on desk duty out in the field. Why was that?" JJ asks, and you shrug. You didn't know why, really. It just happened. You wanted to talk to Hotch about it.

"What do you mean 'a second too long'? However, I really don't know why he did that. I was planning on speaking to him when we get back to the office" You say, taking a big gulp of your margarita.

"I catch him looking at you more than anyone, Y/n. I think he likes you." JJ says, and I look at Penelope. Her face brightened up, agreeing with JJ's statement.

"She's right Y/n. I think he might like you in more than just a 'coworker' type of way." Emily says, and you scoff.

"No, no. Shut it down, there's nothing happening. I don't even like him like that. Not to mention the fact that he's OUR BOSS! That's unethical." You say, hurting yourself in the process.

You don't know why it hurt so much about not liking Aaron. You like him, he's your friend. Yeah, friends with benefits. You didn't know what else to do. Sexually, he's everything you desired. However, it feels like there's a gaping hole. You didn't just want someone sexually, you're starting to want someone emotionally too.