Chapter 10

You were now on my own, and you didn't know where to go. You were hoping that you could find somewhere to stay tonight, since they'd think you skipped town right away. You had gone to everyone's house to leave a letter, except Aaron's which is where you're headed now.

You got off at the nearest bus stop, and walked the rest of the way. You've been crying since you left the apartment earlier today. You were just about to his door when you heard his voice call for you. You thought you were crazy, and you froze. When you hear his footsteps, it was when you knew it was real. "Y/n, what are you doing? You're not running away." He says, grabbing your arm.

You turn to face him, You can tell he's distraught. "I'm leaving. You can't hurt me, when I was the one that hurt myself." You say, the hurt is clear in your voice. Anyone you've ever cared for has run, cheated, or lied. You couldn't let that happen again.

"No you're not. You're not just hurting yourself. You're hurting the whole team. Y/n you're hurting me. I didn't even get a chance to tell you what I wanted to." He says, letting go of my arm. I look at him and scoff.

"Save it, Aaron. I know, 'We agreed on no feelings. It's just sex.' I'm sorry, okay? I can't control my feelings." You say, knowing what he was about to say.

"No, that's not what I was going to say. Not at all. Y/n, I wanted to tell you earlier that I fell too. You left before I got the chance. I've felt this way for a while. I just didn't think you felt the same. When I realized you were gone, my whole world flipped." He replies, and you think for a moment. He's playing mind games.

"You're just saying that. You don't feel the same. You just don't want to explain to Strauss or The Director what really happened." You say, watching Aaron's mood shift.

"No it's not. I'm telling the truth." He says, trying to be sincere, but you didn't want to give in.

"No. The team got mad at you too? They find out about our 'thing?'" I say, getting angry.

"Yeah they did. Spencer was pissed, and he had every right to be. He knows about it, but not the rest. They know we had relations." He says, and I start pacing. He grabs my arm again, and you don't know why.

"Relations? That's what you call sex. Aaron, I'm done. Let me go." You retort, and he shakes his head.

"No, I'm not letting you go." He says, and you can tell you're hurting him.

"Why's that?" You ask, bluntly. You want a reason, nothing can change your mind.

"Because, Y/n. I love you." He says, and you freeze. He doesn't mean that, does he? "I love you. I fell in love with you. I don't care if you think it's a ploy to get you to stay, because it's not. It's the-" He rambles, but you cut him off.

You grab the sides of his face, and force him toward you. Your lips smash, kissing his perfectly pink lips. He doesn't hesitate to kiss you back. Aaron repositions his hands to cup one side of your face. His other, wrapping around your waist.

After a minute, you pull away. "I love you too, but I don't think this will work." You say, being truthful.

Aaron sighs, and you look away from him. "It will, Y/n. Why can't we give it a shot?" He asks, trying to remain hopeful.

"It'll end how it always does; Me in pieces, and everyone else taking sides." You say, instantly replaying times when men have let you down, stomped on your heart, or broke you.

You watch as Aaron's eyes are glazed over with tears threatening to stream down his cheeks. He softly grabs your chin, forcing you to look into his sad, heartbreaking eyes. The only pair of eyes you cared to look into all day, every day. "That won't happen. I won't let it, Y/n. Don't run away. Since Haley, you're the only one who's been able to see right through me. I'm not letting this, us go." He begs, his intentions pure.