Chapter Fourteen: The Final Leg

Start from the beginning

"Skipper?" Dusty questioned. "You're flying!" He exclaimed cheerfully.

"Good to see you in the air, coach." Braedey added.

"Oh, you noticed." Skipper told us with a slight chuckle. "Listen, I got Rip. You two take care of the other two."

"Got it." Dusty and Braedey confirmed as they go into a dive to get to lower altitude again, Ned and Zed following. As they reached a cliff side, Dusty and Braedey quickly spun upside down and dove down into the canyon. It had more obstacles here so it would be easier to fly through and lose the twins.

"They're on you six, kid." Skipper pointed out. "You two gotta lose them."

"We're trying." Dusty fretted. We tried to go through the obstacles but to no avail. "Skip, we can't shake them." The two were very agile.

"Pull hard right." Skipper ordered. "I'll break left and take out Rip. Use the rocks."

"Roger that!" Dusty said as they split up. Braedey shot forward with Dusty.

The two flew past a rock at a harsh radial G-turn. Braedey cuts a little bit close, nearly taking off one of his rudders, but he makes it, Dusty leading ahead, while Ned and Zed crashed into one another, and they were stuck in the rocks!

 Braedey cuts a little bit close, nearly taking off one of his rudders, but he makes it, Dusty leading ahead, while Ned and Zed crashed into one another, and they were stuck in the rocks!

"Haha! Nice one." Braedey laughed.

"Good flying, wingman." Dusty thanked to Braedey, the latter smiling back to the crop-duster.

Meanwhile, Skipper was trying to shake Ripslinger off his tail. But with a quick manoeuvre, he got behind Ripslinger. Skipper then knocked his wing tip against Ripslinger's wing tip, making the latter spin out of control.

"Dusty, Braedey!" Skipper called.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine." Dusty replied.

"I'm good." Braedey added.

"That was pretty good for a crop duster and racecar." Skipper laughed.

Dusty laughed back. "And not bad for an old-timer who doesn't fly."

"Oh, yeah?" Skipper asked. "Well, I may be old, but at least I ain't afraid of heights."

Dusty laughed. "Oh, okay." Skipper laughed.

Ripslinger suddenly came out of nowhere, knocking right into Skipper's fin. With panic, Dusty and Braedey dove after Skipper in concern for their mentor.

"That's why they call them Sky Slycers!" Ripslinger called out as he flew away, determined to take the victory.

Braedey snarled, his turbines going to full power. "That's it! I've had enough of that two-bit, prop-driven, Chick Hicks wannabe!" He yelled, chasing on after Ripslinger with a roar from his turbines.