Chapter Eight: To Germany

Soon enough, the racers have been refuelled and prepped for the next leg from Iceland to Germany. Braedey, Annie, and Dusty were keeping up with the pack now, their agility and control coming into play.

"And remember, it's not speed that wins races, it's skill." Skipper's voice spoke out in their heads.

"You remember the run in Nebraska, don't you, Dusty: horizontal at the blue, vertical at the red." Braedey advised to Dusty.

"Copy that." Dusty acknowledged.

"By the way, congratulations on your run during those trials." Annie said to the two.

"Much obliged." Braedey replied. He then looked ahead. "We've got Bulldog in our sights. Let's keep on his rail."

The planes all kept passing through the blue pylons so they entered it on the horizontal, then the red pylons came up and they now entered it on the vertical knife-edge. It was a crazy G-turn, Braedey now feeling the strength of that turn. He groaned, then he levelled out and carried on alongside Dusty.

Bulldog was up ahead of them, keeping his eye on the course. But then, his left engine suddenly broke down with a shower of sparks coming from his propellor and gearbox mechanism, which jammed and the propeller stopped. Then, a splash of oil sprayed into Bulldog's eyes. He didn't have any windscreen wipers on him, and without anything to clear away the oil, he was effectively blind!!

"Mayday! Mayday! Mayday!" Bulldog exclaimed, as he now began to lose altitude in a dive and was rolling out of control

"Mayday! Mayday! Mayday!" Bulldog exclaimed, as he now began to lose altitude in a dive and was rolling out of control. "I'm blinded. I can't see!"

Braedey looked to Dusty, the two of them nodding in agreement, knowing what they're going to do, and they dive down towards the injured British aircraft, much to the surprise of Annie.

"What are you two doing?" Annie called out to them.

"Saving a plane's life." Braedey called back.

"We're receiving breaking news of an incident in the skies over Germany involving one of the racers." Brent announced on the TV. "Let's check in with Skycam 1 for more information."