Chapter Five: Training with Skipper

That afternoon, Dusty was slowly flying around the crop, dusting once again. He was dusting the crops on his own. He wasn't smiling at all, and didn't respond to anyone, not even Leadbottom the old duster.

Braedey and Mary sat nearby the field and watching the crop-duster fly back and forth, the two of them lost in their thoughts. Dusty looked so sad. Braedey wished he could help.

'Maybe I could forfeit my place for Dusty to get into the race?' Braedey thought to himself. He thought it was a good idea, but he did say to Leyland that he would be partaking in the race. 'Man, what am I to do?' He thought to himself with a sigh.

"Do you think Dusty can possibly try something to get into the race?" Mary asked to Braedey.

"I'm not sure. I just don't know." Braedey sighed to himself, slumping down on his four wheels.

~*~*~

The next day, a delivery truck was driving up to Propwash Junction

The next day, a delivery truck was driving up to Propwash Junction. It hit a pothole in the ride towards the small town. "Ow! Dagnabbit! Let me drive!" Royer yelled from the back of the truck.

Back in town, Mary was having a drink of oil, with Braedey having his wings and rudders being checked out by Dottie. Chug, meanwhile, he was refilling an old firetruck's fuel tank. The old firetruck is Mayday, an old red 1943 Fordson Tender firetruck.

"There you go, topped off and all set, Mayday." Chug said as he took away the nozzle from filling up Mayday's fuel tanks. With that, Mayday nodded and drove off back to the firehouse.

At that moment, the delivery truck pulled up and the rear section opened up to the reveal Royer from the qualifying trials in Nebraska. Chug and Mary could only watch, Braedey pulling up, as Royer rolled out of the van and kept berating the truck.

"Will you stop!" Royer called out angrily

"Will you stop!" Royer called out angrily. "Unbelievable! Why don't you just go back! I mean, I think you actually missed a pothole! Man, you got to be the worst, I mean the worst delivery truck that has ever delivered a delivery!"

"Can we help you?" Chug asked to Royer.

"Please tell me this is Propwash Junction." Royer pleaded once he finished coughing.