Chapter Seven: The Race Begins

The next morning, Braedey woke up to the slowly rising sun. He revved his engine to life, now noticing Dusty had begun to stir too. Dusty opened his eyes tiredly.

"Dusty, today's the big day. Let's go." Braedey said to him. "We have to get ready. The big race."

Braedey drove out of the tent, looking around to see that the other racers were starting to stir too. Braedey got his wings and jetpack armed and ready.

"Hey, Dusty!" A girl's voice called out, nearly making Dusty jump in surprise, Braedey also rather surprised by this. Dusty knew that voice, his eyes now widening.

There, now standing in front of him, was a female plane who looks like him. This little plane looks to be a cross of an Air Tractor AT-502, Cessna and a PZL-Mielec M-18 Dromader, with a 680½ horsepower engine, one triple-blade propeller, and a wingspan 23ft (7m). She is painted pink and white, with orange stripes on her sides, her wings being purple, and she has green eyes. This aircraft goes by the name of Annie Crophopper, the little sister of Dusty.

(A/N: Annie Crophopper belongs rightfully to AnnaliseHamato14 and by request)

"Hey, big brother." Annie greeted with a smile.

"A-Annie? What are you doing here?" Dusty asked in surprise. "I thought-"

"I managed to get into the trials a few weeks back, after I've had some repairs and that." Annie gestured to her underside. "I got rid of my sprayer, as well as a few unnecessary parts to shed some weight, so I could make myself look like an air racer." She gestured to her form. "I know I look a little odd-"

"Dusty, who's this?" Braedey asked in surprise, rolling up to the two airplanes.

"Oh! Annie, this is Annie, my little sister." Dusty introduced to Braedey. "Annie, this is Braedey Martin."

Annie looked to Braedey in surprise. "Wait. You mean THE Braedey Martin? The legendary Piston Cup and latest V8 Supercar champion of Redbulldozer Racing Australia?" She asked to him.

Braedey showed a modest smile. "Yep. That be me." He looked Annie over. "So, you ready to race?" He asked.

"Of course." Annie nodded. "Plus, it be good to try and show my metal against that showboat Ripslinger."

"Braedey." The blue racecar stopped and turned around. To his surprise, there was Leyland Dane, a red 1975 Mark-1 Vauxhall Cavalier, who has green eyes. The red car smiled to Braedey as he rolled up to him.