Chapter Eleven: The Love Doctor

The next day, Dusty and Braedey now got a head start from Nepal, due to the two of them coming in 1st place. The 5th leg of the journey has begun for the air-race. The duo flew beside and over the Great Wall of China, cars and forklifts waving to the two flyers. The two soon flew over a field of rice paddies. Forklift farmers were harvesting, and as both crop-duster and racecar flew overhead, they smiled and waved to them.

"Flying low and quick, Dusty Crophopper and Braedey Martin are managing to hold on to the top spot." Brent announced on TV. "But current reigning champ, Ripslinger, is just seconds behind them. This surprise battle for 1st place has made Dusty Crophopper and Braedey Martin the one to watch. They are becoming a working-class heroes around the globe."

There was even something going across social media about a music video with both Braedey and Dusty on it, as well as funky music. It became a sensational hit, with over a million likes within the first 24 hours.

~*~*~

Soon, the racers eventually made it to the next check point in Shanghai, China

Soon, the racers eventually made it to the next check point in Shanghai, China. Dusty and Braedey made it into first again. Annie was happy for the two of them for getting this far, and she was very pleased about her big brother taking the lead from that green Ripslinger.

Out of anger from seeing the music video with Dusty, Ripslinger rolled over one of the twin's SkyPads, and crushed it. "Wha... Aw!" Ned sighed in disappointment. "That was my SkyPad, man."

Ripslinger scoffed at him. "Forget it. A new one's coming out in two weeks." Ned whimpered.

Down at the hangars, Dusty and Braedey were both talking to the others on the radio. "You're really showing them big-time racers a thing or two, huh?" Skipper commented over the radio.

"Yeah. We head out across the Pacific tomorrow, Skip." Dusty said as Braedey sat beside him. "You were stationed there for a while, right?"

"Yeah." Skipper agreed.

"Got any advice for us?" Dusty asked.

"Yeah. You know, before we go forth across the Pacific." Braedey clarified.

"Back in '41, during the Battle over Wake Island, the Wrenches ran into serious monsoons with embedded CBs that could tear your wings right off." Skipper said, Braedey and Dusty looking concerned.

"Now I feel like I should keep myself grounded." Braedey muttered.

"Be careful." Skipper warned. "And one more thing... I'm proud of both of you, Dusty. You, and Braedey."

"Thanks, wingman." Dusty was grateful.

"Thank you, Skipper." Braedey added.

"Hey, you two, we have a surprise for you." Dottie then chipped in.