Chapter 5: An Extended Stay

Start from the beginning

       "A short stay..." The man repeated and stepped forward until he stood in front of the young boy. "If that is what you desire, so be it. But I wouldn't leave if I were you... it's been raining all day and there is no sign of the weather letting up. If you want to extend your stay, I am more than happy to allow it. As the owner of The Raven Hotel, I want to put the people first."

     Everything in the man's voice sounded calm and welcoming yet somehow, cryptic. He still wore the same mask and attire like before, which made Jungkook even more nervous than before, yet, curious to know why.

       Once the man stood in front of the young boy, his head pointed to Jungkook and stood completely still once more. Observing him further until he continued to speak.

      "You're very pale, are you alright?"

       "I... I'm just a little sick, that's all..." Jungkook replied and finally found it in him to move, but suddenly, he was blocked by the man in the plague doctor mask. Jungkook's heart dropped once the man blocked him from going to the elevator. Leaving him in shock as the man only stood in silence further.

       "If you long to stay, you are allowed to. Let Seokjin know and he will keep it in mind," he concluded and stepped away so abruptly. Letting Jungkook go right after. The boy imagined rushing to the elevator, but in reality, he walked with a bit of his pace pushing him further. Once he reached the elevator, he looked back to see that the man was no longer there.

       "What the...?" Jungkook thought and gawked at the hallway, hoping to see the man close by, but he was nowhere to be found. The boy hoped to hear the sound of a door close once more, but the more he awaited it, the more fear crept into his mind.

      Jungkook tried to deny it. He tried to deny any thought of the paranormal. The boy only focused on things that had reasons, maybe he was quick to run towards the stairs and leave, maybe he had important business to attend to. No matter what Jungkook thought of the 'Master', he couldn't find anything in his head to form a sentence. The owner of the hotel was too terrifying to even be approached.

       The frightened boy finally made it to the lobby. His energy was drained and he still felt cold; all he could think of was the Master haunting his mind while his body was still shivering weakly. Suddenly, his eyes locked onto Seokjin at the front desk, staring off to the exit and daydreaming as always. Jungkook imagined Seokjin as a man who didn't like working, so he understood why he developed the habit of daydreaming. However, every time the handsome Prince Charming would daydream, his heart would grow heavy and his eyes would slightly water. Leaving no other excuse for Jungkook to think of.

      "Good morning..." Jungkook called out and suddenly caught the attention of the charming attendant behind the front desk. However, his eyes blew wide and his body flinched at the sight of him.

     "G-Good morning! I-I... um.. are you leaving yet?"

      "No, not now... I needed to ask you something," Jungkook spoke up and finally looked at Seokjin to catch his worried yet, surprised stare. "Are you okay?"

       "Oh! Of course I am... I'm just a little startled..." Seokjin assured and blinked his beaming eyes abruptly. "What do you need?"

      "I need to charge my phone... I have to call someone to pick me up. I would run out in the rain, but I don't have the energy to do so. I woke up feeling cold and weak," Jungkook added on and ran his hand through his front silk bangs to push it back and expose more of his forehead. There, Seokjin stared at the boy further and looked away so suddenly.

        "My god, he was right... he does look like him..." Seokjin whispered to himself and gulped as he looked at the ground right before the exit.