Chapter 8: Sites to See

Mulai dari awal

"Great!" He smiled excitedly.

Just then our pretty brunette waitress walked back over to our table. She was smiling brightly and her chest was thrust out more than it was 5 minutes ago.

"Hey Paul!" She said flirtatiously. Paul's gaze was ripped from me unwillingly as he responded politely.

"Sarah," he nodded by way of greeting.

"Hey Sarah!" Jared said excitedly. She gave him a small wave but otherwise ignored him.

"What are you guys doing today? I get off in an hour," she said suggestively. But she never even glanced at Jared- her eyes stayed on Paul. I frowned at her forward behaviour. Were they involved?

Paul slipped his arm around my shoulders and smiled down at me. That smile wiped all of the uncertainty from my brain. Actually, there is no brain. That smile turned it to mush. My skin was burning in a pleasantly hyper aware way where his body rested against mine. I could absolutely get used to this.

"The answer is still no, Sarah. I'm actually taking gorgeous here site seeing today," he smirked at the blush forming on my cheeks from being referred to as 'gorgeous'.

"Ohh... I didn't- I didn't know you were..." she didn't even hide her disappointment. She was eyeing me up as if she didn't agree with his statement.

"Bisexual? I wasn't until I laid eyes on Stiles," Paul admitted without an ounce of shame. The sentence had butterflies exploding in my chest. I bit my lip to try and contain the smile.

"Are you guys finished? Or can I get you anything else?" Sarah asked, finally addressing the rest of the table. She was visibly deflated and I felt bad... momentarily.

"We're done," Derek growled, clearly grouchy. Why did he dislike these two so much? The waitress took our plates and went to get the bill.

Jared groaned from his place at the table. "Man- I hate going places with you! She didn't even look at me," he whined, looking at Paul accusingly. He just shrugged.

"Does that happen a lot?" I asked wearily. If he's never been interested in guys before... what if he's just 'experimenting' with me. And why me?

"Too often," Jared groaned unhappily.

"Oh don't pout," Paul smirked at his best friend.

"You've never been interested in guys before?" Derek questioned sharply. "What is this then? Just some fling for your list of experiences?"

Ahh- that's why he's grouchy. His alpha concern was shining through, and he had practically read my mind. Sometimes I loved being in a pack. He was a little harsh, but he was asking the right questions and I appreciated it. I couldn't help the nervous tapping my fingers were doing at the idea of being used like that... even if it was by a really hot guy.

Paul's smile faded and he glanced at me quickly. He searched my eyes, as if he was reading an open book. Which would surprise me, because very few people can do that. Only my pack and family have ever been able to read me like that.

"The opposite of some fling," he responded quietly. He was still searching my eyes, and there was so much emotion in his voice that I didn't need to hear his heartbeat to know he wasn't lying. "This- is something I don't have a word for," he finished in a whisper. His eyes glanced at my lips momentarily and I sucked in a breath, biting my lip.

"I do," Jared cut in, finishing with a gagging sound.

Paul and I jumped apart at the interruption, not realizing how close we had gotten during all of the staring and whispering. Not that I was complaining about his closeness.