Fourteen: Finally Over.

I dial Nura's number.
"Yes?"
"You're still angry?"

"Why? shouldn't I be? don't I have the right?"
"Don't be like this, don't be dramatic"

"I'm not being dramatic. I've been married 2years now and I've never failed to give you the love, care and attention you needed but now you're dumping me because you're finally married to the guy you love?"

"SORRY, I just don't want anything ruined especially after I met your wife"
You met Aisha?" He asks surprised.

"Yes and she was very nice to me, I felt bad"
"So? I don't love her and you know it. I was forced into it"

"But we're both married now. We need to stop being delusional"
I know, I've thought about it so many times but it's easier said than done"

"I know but we need to start from somewhere"
"Okay, where?"

I shake my head "I don't know. Honestly it's the right thing to do but thinking about it seems impossible—"
"So? Because I'm lost"

I huff "How about we limit our phone calls"
He groans.
"I know babe, it's going to be difficult for me too but we need to start somewhere"

"Okay, I need to make a call. I'll call you back later"
"Okay"
He ends the call.

Truth is, I do love Nura and I care for Rahim too but since I'm married to one of them it's better to let the other go. I might end up with mine if my affair with Nura continues but it's not going to be easy, we've been together for so long.

.

4days 4more to go.

I lie down on my bed watching EXO next door and I hate it. Khameelah is mad for Korean films and I try not to say anything about it because I can't force my opinions on her. She recommended it and I got bored decided to actually try it out.

Sanusi opens the door and walks in like the house belongs to him "He said you can rest today, there's nothing wrong with taking a day off".

"Really?!" I jump off the bed excitedly.

He bursts out laughing "You're his wife, do you think he'll ever say anything like that?"

I frown "I hate you, bastard!"

He sits on the couch "Well have you heard about our eldest and second planning to have a joint wedding?"

I gasp. "My Salis? Married?"

If it's not obvious then I should say it Salis is my favourite and honestly I cannot be blamed, he's so easy to love and difficult to hate.

"Your Salis?" he laughs.
"Yeah? Now another woman will be enjoying the dishes and personality of my dear brother".

"Oooh so when you got married you didn't think about it that way until he plans to get married? And you know him as your brother not your boyfriend".

"I know right".

Salis is a completely different human being around other people and I can't deny that I love that fact about him.

"Wait I know Ya Nabil is marrying Walida but who is Salis marrying?" I ask grabbing his arm tightly.

"Oho. He says you know her but I don't. I think her name is Mariya".

I gasp "That's great"
"Why? Who is she?"

"Do you remember the girl that came along with him to our open day? When I was in SS2, the tall girl".

He looks at me completely perplexed "The two of them are still together? I thought they broke up?"

"I thought so too but I guess he has realized that there is no one else for him".

"You sound like you're in a movie, you know that right? Those cliché movies that even you don't watch".

I smile "Shut up joor! You should respect me more".

He groans "Yes, ma". He walks out.
"Where are you going?"

"You're boring me out!"

.

I decided to come and visit my in laws, I know if I wait for Rahim then we'll never come, he always brings up excuses so I came alone.

Amma walks in, looking miserable but maybe it's because that's how she is naturally.

After the pleasantries the living room fell silent. I've always been close to Khaliq's mum but not Rahim's, she's a difficult person to please.

"So? When is Rahim going to be back?"
"Uh—On Tuesday".

"Okay".

"Rayhanah"
I turn around and see my father in law who just walked in.

"How are you?"
"I'm great and you? How is your health?"

"Oh I'm getting better slowly, thank you".

He sits across Amma and I. "You've not been coming here as often as I thought you would".

I smile "Yes".
"Tell me, I want you to be honest with me".

"Well, I come by every time I come to visit Khaliq and his family".

He laughs "Don't worry I don't blame you, this place isn't so easy to visit, it's boring and miserable that's why everyone has frowns on their faces" He says glaring at Amma but the woman didn't care at all.

"Hm" was all I said back, I don't want to offend her.

He smiles "But we need kids running around this house, it has never happened before".

"What about Rahim and Ya Ruqayyah?"
"They were stiff and they felt imprisoned"

I nod.
"Anyway, I'm stepping out for a while. I hope you'll be here when I get back".

"Inshallah, be safe".
"Thank you" he walks out.

And then everything becomes silent again.

.
.
.
.
.
.