"Well I can't believe it's snowing," Jungkook says. He ignores the conversation outside so it's not awkward which I'm thankful for. Then, unable to contain his excitement any longer, he wiggles out of his sleeping bag and lifts up the tent flap. "Look at all those snowflakes!"

The tiredness and worry from last night have been replaced by innocent excitement. I smile fondly and join him next to the entrance.

Sure enough, it's snowing outside, the sky a beautiful shade of white dotted with falling sparkles. Jungkook stretches out a hand in awe and we watch some of the snowflakes fall on his hand and melt away.

"We should have a snowfall fight!"

"There isn't enough snow on the ground yet," I laugh at how giddy he is.

"Yeah, but we should have one when there is!" Jungkook brings his hand back and turns to face me with wide, doe eyes. "Wanna be on my team? Controlling air is the best for snowball fights because you can change the direction of the snowball in midair. I've gotta teach you how to do that -"

"Ya! Are you two ready yet?" Jin calls for us.

"Almost!" Jungkook yells.

"Well hurry up!"

Jungkook looks back at me and holds out his right pinky. "Promise me we'll play in the snow together when we can?"

I laugh. "Of course!"

Our pinkies intertwine. His eyes hold mine, the world pausing perfectly around us for the slightest of moments, and it feels like maybe everything will be okay with the prospect of hopeful dreams and playing in the snow.

Jungkook smiles and tilts his head at the tent entrance. "Let's go."

~

It's snowing.

Suga pauses and looks up at the sky in disbelief.

It's finally snowing.

He reaches a hand out into the air, hesitantly, and watches the snowflakes fall on his palm. Instead of melting like they would for anyone else, the snowflakes grow and extend like blooming flowers. Suga brings his hand closer to observe the intricate crystal designs, the symmetrical patterns, and the way the ice reflects the light around him.

He finally feels at home.

It's like how Jin would feel next to a campfire, naturally relaxed, or the way Jungkook would laugh in joy when he's running and the wind blows through his hair. Suga is now surrounded by ice and snow.

He lifts his head to gaze at the endless land in front of him.

He exhales, nervous, yet full of anticipation, as his eyes focus on all the snowflakes in the air in front of him and he pulls.

"Show me."

The snowflakes slow in their fall, for the briefest of moments, before they shift. And Suga feels the snow tug back, pointing him in a direction to the right of where he'd been walking all this time.

For the first time in days, he smiles.

~

"There are too many gaps in our knowledge. So, instead of a surefire plan, we need a clearer scope of the situation first. And then we can try to kidnap Yoongi and Jimin."

Protected from the falling snow by pine trees above us, content after breakfast, we nod at the beginning of Namjoon's presentation.

"We've got no idea what's happening to Suga nor Jimin, and the longer we wait the worse this all gets. We can't wait around anymore, we need to get moving and search for clues - things that maybe they've left behind. Where is the best chance of finding those clues?"