I shook my head at his antics, nudging him in the stomach to put some space between us. "Stop it. But thank you."

"Yeah, ight. Anyways, I wanna run something by you."

I nodded, letting him know that I was listening as I fixed some hairs that were out of place.

"I got a few of my brothers from back home that's chillin' with us tonight, you cool with that? Genesis said she didn't care. But if you not, I'll tell 'em to dip, I just want to make sure you have a good night. But you're with me so just know you straight regardless."

I smirked. "Nah, you're with me, so just know you're straight. This is my city." I joked. "But no, I don't mind."

I sprayed on a little bit of Pure Seduction from Victoria's Secret and paired it with some Chanel before grabbing Ryder's hand and pulling him out of the room.

"So you not gon' look at what I spent all my time trying to find you?"

"I'll look when I get back! I'm ready to go." Stopping in my tracks, I wasn't expecting to see three niggas that I didn't know standing in my kitchen. Of course Genesis' friendly ass was right there with them, taking shots of Don Julio. I could have screamed right then, it was something about people invading my space that I didn't like.

"Damn! This you?" The dread head asked Ryder , while his eyes roamed my body.

"Nah, this my best friend." He answered.

Genesis' head popped up and she looked at him, evilly. In her eyes, I was only her best friend.

"Word? Well Happy Birthday Ma. I'm Blaze." He extended his hand.

"Karsyn." I gripped his hand, not expecting him to kiss mine but he did.

A fake smile spread across my face. I listened to Ryder introduce me to the other two.

"Man, she don't want yo ass." DJ bursted out laughing. "Her face said it all."

Ignoring them, I demanded that everyone take a shot before we leave. Within 15 minutes , Genesis, Ryder, DJ and I were in a black Cadillac Escalade and the others were following behind us in a Range Rover.

I started dancing to Megan Thee Stallion & Lil Durk's "Movie" while Genesis hyped me up.

"Take a shot, then turn the phone and shit
Give me that D'USSÉ dick.
'42, pour Azul, make me do some crazy shit."

I held up the bottle of Clase Azul. She slapped my ass with one hand and recorded with other.

"YEAH! It's my BEST FRIEND birthday!" She emphasized, being shady to Ryder, who paid us no mind. "And I love this bitch so much ya'll, no cap. Everything about is bossy, my bitch so fire and I'll kill any of y'all for fucking with her."

She was drunk as hell.

"Karsyn, let me find out you got some hood rat in you." DJ turned to face me.

I smiled innocently and turned the bottle of liquor up to my lips.

After a few more minutes we arrived at the crowded club. Ryder helped me out of the car and stood behind me with his hands on my waist as if he was some type of security guard . He tried to get me to walk but I wasn't going anywhere without my bestie. I waited on her to get herself together inside the car and once she hopped out looking rejuvenated, we held hands and he guided us through the club and up the stairs.