XVI

Karsyn Sekai Miller.

"Good day in my mind, safe to take a step out, Get some air now, letyoedge out." - SZA

September 12; Karsyn's 21st Birthday.

"C'mon Syn, take these twenty one shots!"

Curling my top lip in disgust, I shook my head. I decided to check my email, something that I'd done faithfully since I launched my website, I let out an excited scream before I could fully finish reading.

"I just got a job offer from one of the biggest real estate companies in the fucking city! They want me to be their model home designer." I shoved the phone into Genesis' hand so she could see.

Jumping on me, she squeezed me tightly. "OH SHIT! Syn, this is amazing. All of that crying you did because you thought that your website and portfolio was trash and you got a offer that fucking fast. I'm so happy." 

Laughing, I thanked her before placing a kiss on her cheek.

"Now take these shots, it's a celebration!"

I mentally gagged at the sight of twenty one shot cups that were filled with different liquors, both white and dark.

"Fuck it." I began to toss them back like water. I was on my twelfth shot before I tapped out. "I'm going to go get ready before we never make it out."

Staggering towards the bathroom, I turned on the sink and splashed some cold water on my face. Luckily, still had some time to sober up before Ryder and DJ got here. Turning on the shower, I stripped and got in. After my shower, I laid across the bed, contemplating on whether or not I really wanted to go out. I hadn't heard from either of my brothers today or my mom and I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't in my feelings. I was also feeling some type of way because this was my first birthday without Dimitri. Luckily, I had Genesis and Ryder who had been making this day special. In just a short amount of time, I'd became thankful for Ryder and our friendship .

With my head spinning, I managed to get up, fix my hair and do a natural beat.

Carefully slipping into my dress from MayukoMe. I turned to the side, immediately falling in love with the way the dress fit my body.

"I look damn good, I ain't lost it."

Opening the VERSACE shoe box, I took out the new Antheia leaf sandal heels that I'd gotten from my dad. Saying a quick prayer for my feet, I slid them on and buckled them, but not before examining the way they fit on my foot . My toes were soft white, which looked perfect with the shoe.

A knock on the door put a halt to my gawking.

"Come In."

In walked Ryder, dressed in all black. His fitted that was turned to the back, gave me a perfect view of his tatted face . My eyes wandered down, the thin Cuban links around his neck and the HUBLOT watch that rested on his left wrist added just the right amount of detail to his simple attire.

"Damn, Happy Birthday." He said for the umpteenth time today as he sat the hot pink gift bags on my bed.

I did a full 360 in the mirror. "I look good, huh!?"

"Shit." He dragged, playfully biting his lip. He came behind me and wrapped his arm around my neck. "You about to fuck around and have me body every nigga in the club. You look fine best friend."