𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

"You could have warned me." Summer almost choked on her water, hand over her stomach as she belted out in laughter while watching the footage. "Wait. I'm crying. Holy sh*t. I'm really crying."

Chris sighed. "It's really not that funny."

"No, you're right. It's hilarious," she continued to laugh, wiping at her watery eyes. "Boy, whoever told you that you can dance straight up lied to your ass."

"I get it."

"Do you? Do you really though?" She questioned, laughing louder as he snatched his phone and closed up the YouTube app. "I haven't laughed that hard in forever."

"Glad it was at my expense." He rolled his eyes.

Summer calmed down and relaxed into the sofa of Chris's rented condo. "Did I hurt your feelings?"

His brow raised. "What happens if I say yes?"

She shrugged, taking another sip of her water. "Nothing. I just wanted to know."

"Wow. This is the thanks I get for inviting you over, cooking you dinner-"

"All of which I am very thankful for because as you've learned, I'm not the best cook."

"That's putting it lightly."

She glared and pushed her heel into his thigh as her legs were sprawled across his lap. "Shut up."

"I asked you to reach me the basil, and you gave me parsley."

She pouted. "In my defense, they're both green."

"With completely different labels-ow!" He dramatically grabbed his stomach as she shoved her foot into his stomach. "Assault."

"Dude, you probably didn't even feel that."

He frowned. "Are you implying that I'm incapable of feeling?"

"I didn't imply anything. That's what you perceived, Christopher." She giggled at his irritated scowl.

"Must you call me that?"

"Yup," she answered immediately. "That's what you get for calling me June."

"Yesterday, I called you August. Making improvement."

She groaned, throwing her head back against the headrest. "How about you just call me by my name?"

He pretended to think about her question before shaking his head. "Naw."

"Asshole."

A brief and comfortable blanket of silence overcame the two.

With each day that they interacted, the closer they became. Only a month into filming, Summer got along great with the cast, especially Chris Evans ("Evans") given their interactions prior to meeting, but there was something different about Hemsworth.

From the moment they met, he was all smiles, cracking jokes, and taking advantage of any opportunity he had to speak with her. Not that she was complaining.

Summer enjoyed his company and his advice and, well, him.

Even if she didn't show it at first. 

"Wait," she finally spoke, turning over on her stomach and squinting. "Is that rain?"

He chuckled, ignoring the urge to run his fingers up her legs. "It's been storming for almost an hour now?"

She turned back around. "Seriously?" He nodded. "How the hell did I miss that?"

"Perhaps if you weren't so busy bullying me-"