𝐭𝐞𝐧

"Where is she?"

Christopher's voice rang throughout the halls of the house and followed the slamming of the front door, the intensity of which caused several nearby framed photographs to tremble.

"Slam my door again." Grams didn't need to wait for her grandson-in-law to round the corner and enter the living room for her to issue her warning.

"Sorry," he said. Grams huffed. It was offered out of obligation, not sincerity, but that wasn't much of a priority in that moment. "Have you heard from her?"

Leena shook her head and lifted her phone up. "Still going to voicemail."

Christopher retained the profanity that sat eagerly on the tip of his tongue.

"What about Find my iPhone?"

Jade rolled her eyes. "Her phone is off, dumba*s. That won't work."

"Even if it did, we have separate Apple ID's."

"You don't know her login?"

Christopher paused. "I think."

"You don't know? What kind of white people relationship—"

"He is White."

"Can we please stay focused?"

The Aussie native tuned out sidebar conversation as he focused on the man who'd been silent since his arrival.

"What the hell did you say to her?"

Isaiah looked up from his position on the sofa. "Excuse me?"

Leena looked between her husband and brother-in-law, hand on his lap, fingers lightly closing on his thighs. "What do you mean, what did I say to her?"

"Exactly what I said."

"Hold on a minute, now."

"Isaiah—"

He shrugged off Leena's hand, standing up and crossing his arms, ambling his way across the Persian rug, legs planted wide.

"What did I say to my sister?"

"What did you say to my wife?"

"She was my sister long before she became your wife, chief."

"You think I give a sh*t about any of that—"

Isaiah jabbed his finger in Christopher's space, mere centimeters away from his chest. "Watch your mouth—"

"Like you did with Summer?"

Before Isaiah could make the first of what would trigger a physical altercation, Helen stood up from her seat, hands planted on her hips.

"Now that is enough." With one hand planted on either of their shoulders, she applied just enough pressure to force them back. "Woman you both love is missing, and you two playing Quién es más macho."

Just then, the front door opened as Shea and Terry entered the home, car keys in Shea's hands.

Helen turned around, eyebrows lifting. "Anything?"

Terry shook his head. "We drove around everywhere."

"So none of you know where she could be?"

"Thought she was your wife," Isaiah muttered. Leena shot him a look. Helen was right. This was not the time to drop your pants and see who had the biggest dick.

"Come on, ya'll. Stop it. This isn't helping," Shea reminded. "Knowing Summer, she didn't go too far."

"You sure about that?" Jade questioned with her arms crossed. "She feels like all of this is her fault."