10.

"are you kidding me, jaebeom?" bambam asks, genuinely confused and a little upset, "everyone in the world can tell you like jinyoung. and now he's probably at home, worried that you hate him."

jaebeom huffs and falls back onto bambam's bed. he knows bambam is right. he's been thinking about it since the words left jinyoung's mouth.

"you two have basically been a couple for your entire lives! just without the title, kissing, or sex."

jaebeom bites his lip and looks over at bambam. "...we decided to have our first kiss together when we were younger."

"am i on punk'd right now? i swear if you don't drive over to jinyoung's and tell him that you like him too, i will go do it myself." bambam just wants the two to be together already. everyone in the world can see they belong together.

"it's not that simple, bam."

"why not?"

jaebeom realizes that he doesn't actually have an answer. he's just scared. he's terrified even though he knows that jinyoung like him. what if everything changes? what if it's like his relationship with youngjae?

he should know what jinyoung would never treat him the way youngjae did. and deep down, he does know that.

jaebeom doesn't say anything as he gets off bambam's bed and grabs his keys off the stand right next to him.

"i swear to god, you better be going to jinyoung's."

jaebeom definitely speeds on his way but it's only about 5mph over and he doesn't get caught so everything is fine and he gets to jinyoung's sooner.

he says hi to jinyoung's mother, hoping to god that she doesn't know what's going on because she would not be happy with jaebeom making her son upset. but she just smiles like normal.

he knocks on the door, waiting for jinyoung to make any sound to let him know he can come in. but he doesn't so jaebeom just opens the door slowly and walks in, trying to be as quiet as possible when he sees that jinyoung is asleep.

jinyoung's pillow is wet so he hasn't been asleep very long, but when he was awake he was crying. it breaks jaebeom's heart to know that jinyoung was crying because of him.

jaebeom sits on the edge of the bed, trying to decide if he wants to wake jinyoung up or just wait.

he doesn't have to decide; though, because jinyoung had woken up to the feeling of his bed dipping down when jaebeom sat down. he just doesn't know it's jaebeom yet.

"hey," jaebeom says softly, getting sadder with the way jinyoung looks at him.

"hi." jinyoung looks at his hands inside of even coming close to making eye contact with jaebeom. he sits up but stays looking at his lap.

but jaebeom needs jinyoung to look at him, so he uses two fingers to lightly make jinyoung tilt his head up. he doesn't pull his hand away, instead placing it on jinyoung's cheek, realizing that everything he's doing just feels right.

so when he leans forward and kisses jinyoung, he doesn't have a single doubt that this is exactly what he wants. and neither does jinyoung because he kisses back right away.

"i'm sorry i'm an idiot," jaebeom apologizes when they pull away but connect their foreheads and just look at each other.

"i thought you were going to hate me," jinyoung admits, starting to tear up at the thought of jaebeom being mad at him.

"i could never hate you, jireongie."

that makes jinyoung start the cry. the use of the nickname that jaebeom always called him they were kids makes him burst into tears and hide his face in jaebeom's shoulder.

jaebeom smiles and pulls the younger into his lap, letting him wrap his legs around his waist and just be held.

"i love you," jinyoung says, mumbled and slurred out, but the words make jaebeom so happy to hear because he realized that he feels the same way.

"i love you."