3.

the two are back on sunday night and jaebeom goes straight to youngjae's after he drops jinyoung off at home. jinyoung wants to tell jaebeom to stay the night, just so he doesn't go over to youngjae's, but he can't. he knows he can't.

but he had to.

so he asks jaebeom if he wants to spend the night. he knows youngjae will be mad but he needs his jaebeom to be ready for when youngjae inevitably hurts him.

"beom, can i tell you something?" jinyoung asks but he chickens out before he can say what he actually wants to, "oh my god, i completely forgot what i was going to say."

"you're so silly," jaebeom says with a chuckle. they're both comfy, laying on jinyoung's bed next to each other.

jinyoung wishes he could just lean over and kiss jaebeom. but he can't and it hurts. he can't even tell him what he thinks about his boyfriend, let alone try to make a move on him.

he doesn't feel bad for "stealing" jaebeom's time away from youngjae because he knows, he's so sure, that youngjae is only going to hurt his best friend.

jinyoung can only promise himself that he'll tell jaebeom soon. he has to. he can't let his best friend be with a guy like youngjae.

"jaebeom, can we cuddle?" jinyoung asks. it's not weird. they're best friends and have been for years. they've cuddled plenty of times and jinyoung is in a bad mood now.

jaebeom opens his arms and lets jinyoung crawl into them. he holds jinyoung close and rubs his back. he doesn't know why his best friend is in a bad mood but he's not just going to let it stay that way.

"what's wrong, jinyoungie?" he obviously knows that something is wrong. he can read jinyoung like a book.

"i don't know. i've just been down today. i'll feel better tomorrow. thanks for staying the night, i know you probably miss youngjae." jinyoung peaks up at jaebeom as he waits to hear what he says. he wants to know what jaebeom is thinking.

"don't even worry about it, nyoung. i can't have my best friend upset. and youngjae says it's okay and that he's hanging out with mark. so he's not alone either."

jinyoung nods before laying his head on jaebeom's chest and closing his eyes. at the end of the day, jaebeom is his best friend and he loves his enough in that sense because he just wants his best friend to be happy.

"isn't mark dating jackson? he seems like he spends way more time with youngjae than he does jackson," jinyoung says, trying to subtly make his point but also just make conversation.

"well, jackson is busy a lot so mark hangs out with youngjae." jinyoung nods in reply to jaebeom. it makes sense. he could hang out with his other friends but he would rather hang out jaebeom.

"beom, i'm going to fall asleep," jinyoung tells him, and he's already drifting.

jaebeom chuckles because that's his best friend. his nerdy, perfect best friend who does thinks like announce that he's going to fall asleep and he loves him so much.