(9) Bonding {part one}

Start from the beginning

"Possible", Xavier shrugged in return.

Everyone stared at them until Dad broke the silence. "I take everything back."

I chuckled trying to get cozy by leaning my head on Ales's knee, crossing my arms against my chest, my legs pulled up close to my body. Two seconds later I found a throw blanket being laid on top of me.

"Better?", Ales asked softly.

I smiled looking up and nodded. Much better.

"So how about we try to get to know each other, what say Valentina?", Emilio suggested.

"Sure", I agreed.

"Well let's start with basics", Stephano said. "Any hobbies or interests?"

I thought about it. "Uh...I'm kinda good at sketching and painting, if that counts?", I answered.

"Of course it does. I'd like to see them sometime", Stephano smiled interestedly.

"Did you hear that Lucas? You've got similar interests with your sister", Aunt Elisa said before looking at me. "Lucas is the artist of the family, just like you", She said enthusiastically.

"Really?", My curiousity got deeper as I look at Lucas.

Lucas looked up from his phone in his hand to glance once at me before shifting his eyes to his mother. "You're exaggerating and you know it mum."

"Oh please. He's being modest...for once", Marcus scoffed. "You should see his work Val. It'll make you proud to be related to him. God knows that's the only reason I am", He shrugged, making some of us laugh.

Lucas rolled his eyes, looking back into his phone.

"Come on. Show Val your stuff. Especially that potrait you made last week! That one was awesome", Marcus encouraged, repeatedly pushing his twin's arm.

"I don't have it now with me", Lucas said, giving Marcus a look.

"You took a picture of it on your phone", Marcus reminded.

Lucas glared at him. I realised that maybe he doesn't want to so I didn't insist myself. Not every artist is comfortable with displaying their work publically.

"No issues. Maybe I'll send you some of my stuff later? Could use a fresh opinion", I shrugged.

"I'm not a professional", Lucas said.

"Neither am I, but— ", I started before he cut me off.

"That's not my thing Valentina", Lucas shut me down, a little loudly.

I was surprised at that response, but didn't let it project on my face. Marcus nudged his twin with an unhappy frown on his face though. Lucas just rolled his eyes and went back to using his phone. I notice Uncle Francesco and Aunt Elisa exchange a look.

Before an awkward silence could take over Daniel jumped up on his feet and quickly sat opposite of me with a very excited face. My eyebrows raised in question.

"Okay. Time to answer some very important questions bambina", Daniel's face turned serious quick.

"Um.. okay", I was confused.

"Movies- Action or Romance", He asked

"Action", I say

"Pizza or burger", He asked

"Pizza", I say

"Chocolate or strawberry", He asked

"Melted chocolate on vanilla", I say smirking.