15

Kamala's POV
The tight grip on my back finally ceased as the man fell to the floor. I descended to my knees, only inches away from the unconscious male. My head hit the walls as I despairingly held my neck and ached to feel the familiar taste of air.

The world was closing around me but my eyes kept open. I tightened the grip on my neck and looked around frantically stopping when my eyes focused on the man who almost got his way with me.
Cullen was laying at the floor seeming dead of not for the rising of his chest. His eyes were closed and even in an unconscious state he still held anger on his face.

A hand touched my soldier and I instantly winced.
It was only when I looked up that I finally acknowledged my savior.

He was a lord. I knew that much. I used to see him sometimes when he would sneak into the kitchen and grab snacks. It may have seemed quirky and funny to another, but for the kitchen maids it was always an inconvenience. The man was a lord, so he count be punished by the chest. The maids who were in charge of them however....

"Are you okay?" He asked with a sorrowful look on his face. Or was it pity?

Even if I wanted to answer, the loud gasping for breaths and the sore feeling I felt was in my throat kept me from answering.

"Of course you're not. That's was a stupid question."

I suddenly felt a hand tug at my arm and realized he was picking me up. Before I knew how to react, he was already softly guiding me to an unfamiliar room.

He opened the door and my body felt so weak, I accepted his help and leaned on a part of his shoulder. The room looked about the same size as Cullen's and held the same width. Unlike his, this room was not what I would expect from a lord. It didn't seem glamorous or grand in any way. The room held reeks of brown and orange and together made a very cozy atmosphere.

He guided me to a brown leather couch where he softly layer my back down.
"I'm going to look for clothes." He muttered on his way to a different room.

My breathing had by time calmed down but I still felt a sickening sensation circling around my throat and I could tell a bone had been scraped.
My cheek felt stingy and it seemed that the bruise on my face had reopened.
As the pain in my throat lessened I started to feel scars all over my body, especially the one that was close to numbing on my back.

The man came back with an oversized purple sweatshirt and some light grey sweatpants.
"I brought some clothes for you. Don't judge me for these horrible clothes. I keep telling my husband to throw them out, but the little shit never listens. I would have given you mine, but let's just say they wouldn't be appropriate." He rambled on before placing the fabric in my hands.

"I'll be in the other room. Tell me when you're done- or if you can't talk then just like bang the walls or something." He explained as he left me alone in the big living room.

I placed on the large sweatshirt which was about 6 sizes too large. The sweatpants weren't a big help either. At first they rolled right off my legs so I had to tie them around the waist for as much as the fabric could take.
I knew that a maid wearing a lord's clothes was practically unheard of, but in that moment I couldn't care less.

He came back shortly after. He subconsciously led me to the couch. We both sat in silence neither of us knowing what to say to the other.
"Th-thank you." I finally broke the quiet with my voice barely audible. My throat still stung so my voice unsurprisingly suffered the consequences.

"There's nothing to thank me for. Any decent person would have done the same." He replied and offered me a sympathetic smile that didn't reach his eyes.

"W-will he be a-alright?" My voice croaked out and my cheeks reddened at the embarrassment.

"Cullen? I'm sure he will be fine. This can't possibly be the first time that happened to him."

"W-won't he be m-mad?" I expressed my concern. I didn't want the man getting in trouble for me.

"Honey, please. It's not like I hit him that hard. Plus he should be thanking me. At least this time he will have something to distract people from that thing he calls a face." He stated.

"Plus he wouldn't dare hurt me. Let's just say we have a special relationship."

He put an arm around my shoulder as if for comfort to which I automatically replied with a flinch.Memories of him throwing me against the wall appeared and my breathing started to outrun its natural pace.
My savior didn't seem to notice as he kept holding me but somehow the feeling of genuine solace seemed to justify the means.

"I don't think I ever saw you around the manor. What's your name?"

"K-Kamala."

"Hm. I always did hate names that begun with the letter K. Bitches. All of them. But I guess I can make an exception out of you since you look like a literal deer caught in the headlights. Im Alvie." He warned without a stutter.

—————————————-

Two hours had passed and I was back in my own bed. Thankfully no one noticed as I slipped in almost an hour later than I should have. Most of the maids were sound asleep and would continue to be until 3am when their mind was trained to wake up.

Alvie offered to let me sleep on his couch but I instantly refused. No matter how nice he was, I was still a maid. After making sure, I was okay he let me limp back into my room.

The night had passed too quickly for my liking. 4 hours of sleep weren't nearly enough but over time it always got a little bit easier.

After getting the tiny strands of bread and water, I rushed up to the stairs. The walk was hard. Every bit of my body was begging me to stop and give up. The bruises were more than evident and they made sure to rekindle me every step of the way. My eye was swelling up and I could only pray to god I didn't have a black eye.
However, the face was nothing compared to the pin that resides in my stomach. Cullen kneed me multiple times and it showed.

But I kept going. Having no time to spare, I tried to distract myself from the pain. My thoughts automatically went to Alister. I knew it was wrong for me to fantasize about the Don but no matter how much I tried to circle him out of my brain, he kept reappearing.

Somehow it worked because the next thing I knew I was at my location. Alister's door.

Now I just have to face him.

———————————

Ok so I wanted to split this story into 4 sections.
I wanted the first one to be about the exploration of the two main characters so you, as the readers, would get to understand their personality but also the difference in vogue their worlds.

And to all my dirty readers ;)......
I think you will like the next parts of the story.....

Don't forget to vote and comment!