35

3rd person's POV

"And you are sure about this?" She asked, getting more and more anxious on whether she could trust this man.

"Certain. The men had tried to be discrete about it, but there is always one who cracks if under the right circumstances." He shifted around in the tight abandoned janitorial. "I don't know where they're going, but I know Alister is joining them."

"That's good. I've send word up to the north. They will arrive a few hours after they clear off. We just have to be sure that noone will have the opportunity to blow the gaff before their arrival." She explained, her suspicious gaze now set on the man in front of her.

"Tatyana, I don't know how many times I have to say this. I've proven dozens of times that I an on your side. This place means nothing to me." He stated as her looked around the room with raging disgust glistening in his eyes.

"Proven yourself? You have accomplished absolutely nothing!" Tatyana bellowed but instantly hushed once she remembered where she was. She let out a deep sigh before speaking again.
"Unfortunately, you're still the only chance we've got. Just remember, if you screw this up I will personally cut off every piece of your body that I can find. And that's not a threat, Cullen, it's a promise."

The silence that followed her words was almost unbearable. Cullen didn't know what to say, what could he have said that would have made the conversation better?
"So, are you getting enough food?" He quickly changed the subject.

"The food is fine. It's the room that sucks. I can barely lie down in here." She sneered back. Compared to the luxurious chambers that were fit for a queen in which she resided in back home, this kind of room would not even be presented to the slaves.

"Remember, only two more days."

"Only two more days." She repeated in a bitter-sweet tone. "God, this bitch better be worth all this, whoever she may be."

"Believe me, she will be. Mancini protects Kamala as if she was the most fragile being on earth. Trust me, there is no way this won't work." Cullen stated while he picked up the remains of the lamb he brought up to Tatyana a few minutes ago. The teeth on that woman were impressive. "Do you need me to bring you anything else?"

But Tatyana didn't answer.

"Tatyana?"

Upon her refusal to answer, he turned around to face her only to find her face implanted with horror.

"What did you say her name was again?"
————————

"WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?!"

Naeva could not stop her voice from breaking by the end of her sentence by the sight of the man she loved in bed with some slave.

The same slave she was about to ask him to kill, or at least brutally torture because of the utter humiliation she caused her when attending her party.

"Who the fuck gave you permission to enter my room without my consent!" Alister yelled back, yet his voice didn't rise. Instead it held a type of peril that to any normal person would be a clear warning sign to retreat and get out of his way.

But Naeva wasn't a normal person.

"HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME! IF YOU WANT TO FUCK OTHER GIRLS, THEN I CAN'T STOP YOU, BUT HER? A SLAVE? YOU CHEATED ON ME WITH A FUCKING SLAVE!" Naeva was in hysterics by now as tears were rapidly scurrying down her rosy cheeks, her concealer slowly sliding down with them. Her overwrought eyes were staring at Kamala, who was profoundly confused and looked like she wanted to be anywhere else but here.