∘Sunset∘

Will was fond of the evenings in Cuba.

The everyday sunset bathed the house in red and yellow, rays of orange shining through the windows and drowning everything in their sumptuous colours.

Lithe steps echoed in the hallway, accompanied by a fluid melody that emanated in the living room. Will's eyes flickered as he came to a stop, shoulder leaning against the door frame and observing the peaceful scene that was offered to his eyes.
He relished the sight of Hannibal playing the piano, manifesting himself so divinely in the light of the sunset.
Will closed his eyelids, the tones of the piece resonating placidly in his ears.

"Moonlight Sonata," Hannibal stated as the sound slowly faded into silence. "The first Movement." He turned in his seat, looking at him with a slight smile. "Come, sit."

Will smiled back and walked over to him, letting himself fall on the bench next to Hannibal.

"Sounds wonderful."

"Beethoven dedicated this piece to his piano student, with whom he fell in love. But he was sorely aware of the fact," Hannibal narrated, taking one of Will's hands and placing it on the smooth keys, "that there was no future for them. The countess was already engaged and at the time, the class distinction made a relationship inconceivable." He gazed into Will's eyes and Will returned his stare in repose, biting the inside of his cheek as he shifted focus to the keys.

"Well, I never seized how you are able to play with such facility... You make it seem like it's nothing," Will remarked. "When I try it-" he added, pressing down the keys and eliciting a skew sound- "it just sounds like shit. See?"

Hannibal smiled, a chuckle escaping his throat. "Practice is what it takes," he reminded him and played the first few notes of the Sonata, watching as Will copied him, less graceful and inept. The younger man laughed softly at his mistakes.

"I'll probably have to practice for an eternity," Will snorted and glanced at Hannibal again, not seeming to be able to drive his eyes away from the man. The crepuscular light of the sunset made him appear like a painting.

"I'd love to teach you more, but I'm afraid it's getting late. How about we continue tomorrow morning?" Hannibal suggested and placed a soft kiss on Will's temple.

Will looked at him, a consensual expression on his face. "Alright, sounds good," he muttered, driving a hand through his face.

Hannibal stood, holding his hand out and Will took it with a half-smile, pulling himself up. It was getting darker outside and shades of blue and violet hit the wooden floor through the window, forming noticeable conjunction with Hannibal's warm hand around Will's waist.

And then the stars slowly started to mark the sky.