∘Late Night Talks∘

The sound of rustling sheets made Will turn his head lazily.
The cold weather outside added a noticeable contrast to the warm breath that now fanned across the back of his neck. A deep voice ripped him out of his sleepy haze. "Are you still awake?"

Will replied with wordless grumbles. "Go to sleep, Hannibal." His head fell back on the pillow, face nuzzling into the soft fabric.

"I'm not tired."

"But I am," the latter hissed at him, even if it wasn't on the level of truth. Will was still upset at him over previous incidents he didn't want to think about now.

Another rustle of sheets. "I would much prefer talking to you," Hannibal insisted and rested his chin on Will's bare shoulder.

"Stop being so fucking annoying. You're a pain in the ass, dude," Will furiously shot back and it was quiet for a while as Hannibal pulled his head back again.
The doctor racked his brain over the fact that his husband had just "dude-d" him.

Silence.

"William," He whispered low, causing the other to groan and violently turn around.

"What?"

"It is always a pleasure to hear your voice before falling asleep. Just this time, please." Hannibal gazed into his eyes and Will was silent, biting his bottom lip. Weighing his options, he let out a defeated sigh.

"Well, fine," he gave in, turning on his stomach and glancing up to him.

"I had a feeling you weren't tired." Hannibal's lips curled in a smile and Will suppressed the urge to roll his eyes.

"Don't get your hopes up. I'm still mad at you for throwing my Wendys four for four out of the window, y'know?" he remarked snottily.

"We had food at home," Hannibal replied as laid-back as possible, though his eyes said something else. Will hated this typical argument of his. Not to get him wrong, he cherished his cooking, but dishes like Hannibal's Fish Jell-O were something he could gladly turn down.

"I would never have eaten that Jell-O under any circumstances." Will grimaced in revulsion and shifted on his side to have a better look at him, the warning glare of the older not going unnoticed.

"I am feeling a deep hatred for you right now."

Will ignored his words. "I mean it. Shove that Jell-O down your own throat." Hannibal let out a snarl as his fingers slid down to the younger man's ribs and he swiftly started to tickle him, eliciting a surprised yelp from the other.

"Hannibal!" Will laughed out loud, squirming uncontrollably underneath him. Hannibal smiled as the younger man tried to catch his breath, unfortunately in vain as he instantly burst into another fit of laughter. "Ahaha," he chortled like a teenage girl, growing undeniably weaker, "Sto-hop-" Hannibal in fact, paused and slowly sunk to the spot next to him, eyes regarding the heaving and puffing man beside him.

Will elicited a heavy breath, ribs aching. "You-" he started, laughing again, and rolling onto his side. "I can't-" He desperately curled his fingers into the pillow beneath his head, not able to breathe. His laughs turned into snaps for air. "I don't- I don't even know why I'm laughing," Hannibal had to chortle at that, and Will pressed his hand into his ribs. "It hurts," he whined.

"Where? Here?" the other asked and placed his fingers at that certain spot.

"Yea-Hah! You-" Will puffed as Hannibal tickled him again and burst into laughter. "Stop, I can't- I'm dying-"

This time, Hannibal really pulled back and Will breathed heavily, cursing the man internally. With still aching ribs, he lazily turned his head to face his husband, noticing Hannibal's warm and affectionate gaze. Weirdly, it made him laugh.

"You're so in love, it makes you look stupid," Will remarked drily.

"We're married, Will."

"Yeah-ha, right-" he recalled. "Don't even know why I married you. You're just complaining all the time," Graham muttered and stared up to the ceiling. "I still can't forget how you sent your order back five times in that restaurant before you actually ate it. You can be so fucking embarrassing." Will rubbed his face as he thought back, memories flooding his weary mind.

Hannibal made a displeased sound. "There was a hair in it. Of course, I wasn't going to eat it. That's unethical."

Will groaned. "There wasn't a fucking hair in it. You were just making things up."

"Lies. All lies," Hannibal insisted and turned on his back, imitating Wills pose. "I am well aware of what my eyes see."

"Your old man eyes are crap, shut up. You can't even look at a fucking phone screen and need your damn iPad," Will scoffed, rolling his eyes. Hannibal scowled, keeping silent.

"Rude."

"I'm not rude. It's the truth, you pretentious, dramatic idiot," Will jeered, turning, and propping himself on his elbow, looking down at the man. "But I still love you."

Hannibal displayed clear offence and averted his eyes from him. Will smiled at that, kissing him on the lips. "You truly are my favourite Drama Queen," he croaked, huffing a laugh.

"Favourite?" Hannibal enquired and threw him an addled look as if he'd ask him who was second. Will cocked his head slightly.

"Don't forget about Winston. Remember that time he stubbed his front leg as he tried to jump onto something? He rolled on his side and whimpered so damn loud, not wanting to move." He stopped and shook his head with a smile. "I was so worried. Turned out, he wasn't even hurt and just chose to be overly dramatic."

Hannibal curled his lips up, returning the others soft and wistful expression.

"Yes, I do remember. What an admirable dog dad you are," Hannibal smiled, looking up at him with devoted eyes. Will's heart fluttered at that sight and his gaze flicked to his lips, before he slowly turned and sunk into the mattress again, curling into Hannibal's bare side, face nuzzling into the pillow. Hannibal wrapped an arm around his torso, forehead nestled against his neck as Will subtly pressed close, sensing the welcoming warmth flooding his own body.

"Well then, good night," he whispered.

"Good night, dear," Hannibal breathed, placing a kiss on between his shoulder blades. Will chuckled.

______________________________________________

Sorry for not updating, writer's block was kicking my ass and I couldn't get myself to edit this chapter.

Have a nice evening y'all