∘Comfort∘

The silver moon illuminated the evening sky with its splendour, casting rays of light within the place. As peaceful as it ought to seem, it certainly wasn't. The touch of severity and raucous thoughts flooded the air.

Will slowly pushed the door open, beholding the sight of his lover sitting on the edge of their bed, aware of his presence, but choosing to disregard it. "Hannibal?" he asked cautiously and approached him; bare feet cold against the wooden floor. The one addressed kept silent and a sad smile graced Will's face.
"Hey..." the younger man whispered and stopped before him, observing the way Hannibal raised his head to face him. Will bit the inside of his cheek, heart contracting at the sight of the unmasked emotions in his eyes, a display of honesty and sorrow.

"I was worried you'd leave me," Hannibal croaked, voice heavy. Will furrowed his eyebrows before his expression softened again.

"Why would I leave you?" he enquired, sudden precognition rising within his chest as he gazed into Hannibal's glistening eyes. "Where is your mind?" Will breathed.

"With you."

The brunet shook his head lightly. "No, not with my present self. You're drifting into the past. I thought we were already over that," he remarked, a sigh leaving his lips. "You cannot reverse time, Hannibal, and we can't do anything to change what we have done."
Only now did he realize that his tone may have been harsher than intended and cursed himself inwardly, driving a hand through his face. "Sorry."
Hannibal avoided his stare, visibly hurt by the truth.

"If only I could make it up to you," he whispered, making Will's heart crack inevitably. Hannibal sighed, leaning his forehead against Will's stomach, face hidden in the fabric of his shirt. "I'm deeply sorry."

"I know," Will muttered, stroking his hair gently. "I know." He moved his hands to the sides of Hannibal's face, placing a soft kiss on his forehead. "I have already forgiven you."

"That is no compensation for the things I have done to you," Hannibal countered. Will kneeled in front of him and rested his forehead against Hannibal's, thumb driving over his sharp cheekbone.

"I had my share of guilt, too. And I ask you to please refrain from agonising yourself over it." He stopped, burrowing his face into the crook of his neck. "I care deeply for you, Hannibal. Don't forget that."
His opponent pressed his cheek against Will's brown curls, closing his eyes momentarily and calming down under the warmth of the other.

"So do I." Hannibal lifted a hand and silently traced patterns on Will's back, his fingertips leaving shivers running down his spine. They stayed like that for a while, holding each other close to the moment Will slowly shifted his head away from him.

"How about we get some sleep, huh?" he suggested. Hannibal huffed, causing the other to roll his eyes. "Honestly, get out of that suit. I'm tired."

--

The hour Will awoke in the dampish morning, a firm arm was wrapped around his torso, warm breaths ghosting down his neck. He closed his eyelids once more, turning in the embrace and slowly bringing their foreheads together, hand resting tenderly on Hannibal's cheek. With weary eyes, he sensed himself drifting back into a state of unconsciousness.