VI - Eyes

Songs:
Part of Me - By The Coast
Ulysses - RYVOLI 
STAY CLOSE - SYML (sparse version)

~~~

The next day I stood in the kitchen doorway watching Madara hold his chopsticks to his mouth singing into them while making breakfast. I stood there, stifling my laughs for a few minutes before he finally turned and saw me.

He stood still, staring straight into my eyes then continued air singing while dancing across the kitchen. I absolutely loved this side of him. This fun and happy side that wasn't worried about the war or leading the clan. My heart swelled with pride as I watched him dance, realizing how amazing this man really is; as a leader and a friend.

"Please sit, madam," He fluffed the cushion by the table and patted it several times. I sat as he danced around, grabbed the teapot, and twirled back to me, pouring tea in my cup. Then he shuffled away and brought a plate of grilled fish and rice and set it in front of me, bowing dramatically afterward. "Please enjoy your meal, Lady Lea."

"Thank you very much, Lord Madara," I replied and greedily ate while he fixed up his own plate and sat beside me. "You're not going to get Izuna?" I asked, eyeing him in question. 

He shrugged before answering. "He said he didn't want breakfast. He also didn't want to come out of his room."

I remembered our conversation from yesterday evening and said, "I'll talk to him this morning. Maybe he'll open up about it for me."

"Thanks, I would really appreciate that," Madara answered back and reached for his tea. Except his hand went too far and hit the cup, causing it to fall over. The spilled tea spread like fire across the table. I jumped up quickly and grabbed a nearby rag.

"Are you okay, Madara?" I questioned him while wiping the mess. He was staring intently at his hand. "Is it your Sharingan?"

He nodded and brought his hand up to cover his eyes. "I've slowly been going blind the past few weeks."

I looked at him in shock, "And you didn't think to tell me? Are you going to be okay?"

"No, I'm not. I need another pair of eyes with the Mangekyo Sharingan or I'll go completely blind."

I gaped at him, "You're kidding, right?"

He only shook his head and looked away from my piercing gaze. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you, Lea. I didn't want you to worry about me."

I brought the teapot over and poured him some more tea, handing the cup to him instead. He mumbled a 'thanks'. "Don't worry about worrying me; my job is to worry about you. Especially now that we're dating." I sat by my food and gave him a small smile which he returned.

"Is there anything I can do for you, though?" I asked him. I didn't want him to suffer alone especially if there was some way I could help, even just a little. 

He shook his head and sighed deeply. "Just be here, please, and," He turned and gazed intently into my blue orbs, "Don't let me become something evil. Don't let me become power-hungry," He pleaded softly. 

My mouth went dry and I swallowed hard. "I won't," I managed to whisper. After a few seconds, he turned back to his food and continued eating. I had never seen him act like this. He seemed scared as if he knew something bad was going to happen.

After we ate, Madara left to do his leadership duties while I went to Izuna's room. I knocked on the door and he answered annoyed from inside. "What?"

I sighed, "It's me. I'd like to talk to you. May I come in?" I received no answer so I slid the door open and peeked inside. Izuna was lying facedown on his bed and his usually tidy room was a mess; dirty clothes were piled in one area while papers and books were strewn all across the floor.