November 2000 |Part 1

Daniel had the great conversation of his life last night.
His father and him, all night.

He had screwed up, and this took away points in his favor.  He had wanted to take two steps toward independence and had ended up taking three steps back.
But what was done was already done, and now it only remained to assume it.  The saying goes: "if you go back, let it be to go forward with more momentum."

Now, Daniel was on the film set of Stucks in Blue, the rare movie he had been involved in.  Yes, despite everything, his father allowed him to audition.

- Danny!

Daniel turned in the direction of that familiar voice.  A young man approached him cheerfully, with an exaggerated smile and a bottle of Coca Cola.  Daniel recognized it;  however he could not remember his name with certainty, Ri ... Ro ... Rrr ...

- Ricky - guessing, he had extended his hand to Daniel in a friendly way, he was even more polite when he reminded him of his name.

Daniel responded to the greeting with a smile and a light handshake.  Immediately he remembered, again, that strange young woman, this Andy, the one with a boyfriend squared, and yes, of her if he fully remembered.

- I told you that we would surely meet again.- Ricardo commented.

Daniel affirmed while still smiling.

- Are you in this movie? - Ricardo asked casually.

- Maybe if they accept me.  I am just heading to the audition now.

Ricardo drank his Coca Cola while listening to him and then he said:
- Well, well.  Who do you want to play?

Daniel did not know it a day ago, after the great conversation with his father now he had a certainty.
- Mads, Alec Davies' younger brother.

- You will be Andy's younger brother! - Ricardo exclaimed excitedly, and added - the friend I told you about, Andy, he is in this movie, he is Alec Davies.

Daniel was blank, finally only said:

- You work here too ...

- That's right, you know, influence peddling.  - and Ricardo smiled.- And now we can see each other often, I know you will do well.  Anyway, duty calls us.

Ricardo shook his hand again and they both said goodbye.
How small the world was.
------------------------------------------------
- You are...

- Daniel Brühl.

- For the role of Mads, right?

-Yes.

-...

-...

-...

-... (?)

- All right, start.

- (...) Ahhhhh, well, ahh, ejm...
Alec, what the fuck do you think you'll do, will you leave us and then what, you can't run away from this.  It's in your blood, don't you understand?  You are not ready to face a world other than ours, we are ...

- Ok, up there.  That's enough.
Turn around, please.
Now to the left ... In profile.
Head on...
What was your name?

-... Daniel, Daniel Brühl.

- Ready, Daniel.  We will call you to let you know if you got something or not.  Good day.
Next!

-...
--------------------------------------------------

Daniel was somewhat stunned.  What just happened a moment ago?

It's definitely the worst casting I've ever been in, he thought.  Then he thought of his father ... "Aha, I saw what he wanted, something like this: 'Daniel, you see, you are not good enough to find castings, you are still a green snot.'  I hope they don't hire me for this ... "