November 2000|Part 3|Fairy Tales

Amanda woke up at 6:30 AM. She took courage and got up at 6:41 AM.

- Ah, how laziness ...

While she was taking a shower she was thinking about what the day might bring her: the money, the inscription, talking, the materials, talking, Daniel, the pictures, talking, the map, money, the food, Daniel ...

She had thought of Daniel's name: "Daniel César Martín Brühl González", she recalled that, when she knew Daniel's full name, she immediately deduced that his mother should be the origin of his Spanish language; also that surely Daniel must have been born in Spain; and that, due to the certain accent with which he spoke Spanish, he surely had Catalan origins and that he must have ended up growing up in Germany; oh, and she also thought that having three names was a lot of custom.

He was a well-decipherable mystery.

As she left her, her sister reminded her that they should meet later to go buy her a mobile phone (finally).
The fact that in the very near future she would have to travel miles and miles of distance, round trip, for all the existing business days in a period of four and a half years was undoubtedly enough reason and motive for her to carry a telephone mobile

Amanda did not tell her sister that she was going to Cottbus in the car of an almost, almost, stranger, and to tell the truth, she also did not give her many details about her situation with Daniel, the money, the camera, the debts and other details for the Which did not want sermons, discussions, or long "dialogue" talks.
Was that okay? ...

-.-.-------------------------------------------
Amanda arrived at the station at 7:30 sharp.
Locating Daniel's car took him a minute and a half.

She spotted Daniel leaning against his car with his arms folded and an angry face.

He was in a bad mood, he hadn't managed to eat more than an apple on his hasty departure to be on time. Daniel might have Spanish roots but he had deeply German features, and one of those features was precise punctuality.

It was already 7:32 and that was a definite offense.

Amanda ran to where Daniel was. When she arrived, Daniel greeted her saying:

- If you arrive this late to your classes you will not last long.

She just faked a condescending smile and said quickly:

- Sorry, good morning.

"Now is she nice?" Daniel thought as he proceeded to open the passenger seat door.

"Ah, no, I'll go back," she stopped him.

- Of course not. I have a lot of things to tell you.

- What.

- You better go ahead.

- Why.

- Why not?

"Because I don't trust him, being by his side puts me at high risk, it would be within his reach, what if he suddenly covers my face with a cloth with chloroform, or threatens me with a gun, he could be a kidnapper, a serial killer, a madman, or something ... And it hurts me, you will also not want to have to feel his presence so close, I don't want to talk to him either, I just want to get to Cottbus and I want him to pay me what he owes me, and I don't want to have to deal with him more, dddddd "

- Ah ... well, because I don't want to. And I don't think it's that necessary. - Amanda said, after thinking about the real and complicated reasons for her refusal.

"Scheisse" Daniel mused.

-------------------------------------------------
Halfway through, Daniel noticed a problem and, looking at him in the rear-view mirror, he communicated it to his indifferent passenger: